Temporary brick?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Weird thing happened to me Friday night. I went to open the Facebook app and the screen dimmed and became unresponsive. I could see part of the top of the page and a Facebook logo in the middle and "Meta" at the bottom. Note, I have never seen either of those logos before. I tried to restart it but I could only feel the vibration from holding in the power button. I could not see the screen to shut down and as I said, it was completely unresponsive. I went out to the car and plugged it in hoping the power would somehow kick things in but no go. Tried several times again and nothing. I just put it down and left it alone and about 10 minutes later it rebooted on it's own and all has been well since. Does this sound like and Android issue? (I am on QPR3 beta.) Or does this sound like a misbehaving Facebook app? The last app update was Thursday if you can believe the dates in "Manage My Apps".

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
The Facebook app notoriously misbehaves. Delete it if you can and just use your web browser for a while and see if it happens again.
Also you are on beta, report to Google and Facebook.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In situations like that, try pressing and holding Power for at least 20 seconds -- that typically forces a shutdown.