Why are random pictures imported to my computer?

CoeLeigh

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S6 Edge+. I've noticed that when I'm importing my photos form my phone to my Dell that random pictures are being imported. I've noticed some of the pictures are ads from a game on my phone. I have no issue deleting that game if there's no way to simply avoid it. I've also noticed that photos I've looked at on Facebook that aren't even mine, peoples FB profile pictures, or just random pictures I look at online end up importing to my photo file on my computer. These pictures aren't even in my gallery on my phone. It's frustrating b/c I already hate this new Dell computer and it's so slow to delete each and every ad picture or picture that's not mine and it's over 500. I've tried researching and can't really find an answer. Any help would be great. TIA

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like you're using the Import Pictures and Videos feature in Windows Explorer--I suggest not using this feature. It imports all images from the phone indiscriminately, including thumbnails and cached images from apps and the browser. Instead, use Windows Explorer to manually select your photos, then drag and drop them to the computer's hard drive.