Why is there a straight vertical line going from top to bottom on my cellphone screen?

A

AC Question

Just bought the Samsung Galaxy s6 edge yesterday. After I charged the cellphone for the first time and turned it back on there was this straight vertical line going through the center of my cellphone screen. It really sticks out and it is green in color. What do i do? thanks!

Bluemage

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a very similar issue.
Got my S6 edge two days ago and yesterday evening the straight vertical line appeared on the left edge.

Due to this and because I was going to return it the next day. I made a factory reset to delete all my data (and my wasted hours installing all the apps...and configuring them). When I turned it on again the straight vertical line disappeared. I thought it might be a software bug so I installed all the apps again and was just fine.

But today..suddenly during the day the line appread again.
I tried making a screenshot but it didn´t work so I assume it must be related to the hardware and not software.
I wanted to wait to get home to ask my partner to make a picture of my mobile phone (to be able to explain it to the vendor why I am returning in - just in case it will be disappared at the time I try to return it)...but right now...before I have the chance to get home...the straight line disappeared again.

Now I am really confused if it is a hardware problem or a software problem. On one hand I hope it won´t occur again...but on the other hand I want it to occur right now to make a picture and change it at he store where I bought it. I don´t want it to be disappared now and after the return-period of the store passed it will stay there forever or even become worse.

What shall I do?

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the same thing on mine. It was intermittent and would eventually disappear on it's own, or if I restarted the device. I noticed yesterday, that if I applied a little pressure to the top front of the phone, right over the LED, it would cause the line to appear. I took it to T-Mo and they put it on their diagnostic machine and it showed an error. Swapped it no problem and haven't seen any screen issues on the new device.

Scott Lewis5

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. Must be some screen lock feature because that's what it does. I think I pressed the middle home button and held it down and played with it and it went away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia