Why is my S6 Edge failing to play video and audio?

medo00781

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
S6 Edge Failed to play video and audio

I have a new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge which is using android lollipop 5.0.2 and suffer from the following problems.

Video problem:
I could not watch any video in my device.
In Facebook application and got this error “failed to play video an unknown error has occurred".
YouTube app. got this error "there was a problem while playing touch to retry".
Gallery video even if it has been recorded by the camera earlier.

Audio problem:
I’m not able to play any music, got this error “sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file." and this file is the "Over the Horizon" song which came with the device.
When i go to the settings to change the ringtone I am not hearing any sound for all them.
I did not put the phone in silent mode but no sound for any received calls, notifications or SMS.

I tried everything i know to solve this issue, I done all of the following but it does not works:
Clear the cache memory.
Uninstall all the application from the device.
Factory reset.
Update software.

The only thing work with me is to restart the device but it will not solve the problem permanently, it will happen again after few hours.

I would appreciate if any one helps me in this regard.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: S6 Edge Failed to play video and audio

It looks like you've done everything!
I would exchange it immediately if I were you!

Sent From the Gold Platinum Galaxy S6 Edge

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! I agree, the phone is too new to be having these problems. Exchange it while you can.

If you want to try something else, then go to Settings>Developer Options, and see if there is an option to switch between NuPlayer and AwesomePlayer. Choose whatever the phone wasn't set to in the first place. If you don't see Developer Options, then go to Settings>About Phone​, and tap Build Number 7 times.

davem2421

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

I agree, I'd go exchange it. I have the Note Edge and it does all of those just fine with no problems.

Essie32

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site

I have a new Samsung Galaxy S6 ....I would appreciate if any one helps me in this regard.

Had exactly the same issue and it appeared only when I activate the "swipe to unlock" feature in accessibility options under settings with the sound set to "on" under the same settings.

As soon as I disabled those settings all was ok.

BTW the fingerprint scanner also started to act funny (don't recognise my registered prints) so I deactivate that too.

A ****ty phone for the money we paid...😈

Gandura123

May 26, 2017
Visit site
I currently have the same problem. However, mine only appeared after I install the Nougat update of S6 Edge. I already tried wiping the cache partition but it didn't work. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I'm planning factory reset my phone? Would that fix it?

P.S Sorry for my grammar. English is not my native langguage.

shand2

May 27, 2017
Visit site

Hallo friend .. I'm facing my samsung note 5 phone same this issue how can i fix this problem.. can u give me ur contact number pls

Gandura123

May 26, 2017
Visit site
I already did wipe cache partition and factory reset but nothing helps. Any help please. My phone was bought in Netherlands but it was packaged in the Philippines that's why warranty wouldn't help.

Rickz80

Jul 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm having exactly the same problem in a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.
This started to happen when I update to Nougat, and after testing and testing (reset to factory, applied Root, etc), I descover that there was one App that was causing the conflict. The App is C Locker. It seems to be that for some reason, IN MY PHONE, is crashing with Nougat (didn't happen in the previous OS) and causing errors with videos, in facebook, youtube, and also with notifications, dind't sound, alarm not working, etc.
I'm aware that restarting fix the problem, but eventually comes again.

So, what I did is to turn off C locker and now it works fine.

There must be different apps that are crashing with Nougat, in your case, check which one it is.

I'm waiting to 7.1 or C Locer to be update to check again if it is solved.

Hope it helps you all.