Bluetooth Car Connection

enduro

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I ha e paired my S6E up with my car and it works great, however when I turn off ignition and restart the car the device says it is connected but I have to pair it up again to play music again.

Is this a normal Samsung characteristic?

My wife's iPhone connects and plays immediately.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you're in the car with the phone, do you have any other Bluetooth devices near the phone that also stream music, like Bluetooth headsets? If so, it might be preferentially pairing with those instead of the car.

asinrutee

May 11, 2015
Visit site
When you pair it up check your phone screen, you will get a message along the lines of, do you want to connect very time if so tick the box

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge as well and that is not normal behavior. Like asinrutee said, try unpairing your phone completely and when re-pairing make sure that you check the box to have it connect automatically every time.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
My last car didn't allow me to stream so I never had any issues. I'm still learning with my new 2015 Nissan Murano SL AWD.

I had this issue too the first few weeks that I even unpaired and paired it again thinking it's an issue. I learned I just needed to be patient as it takes a few seconds to re-connect, in the past I would Select Device and that's when it all gets messed up.

OP if this isn't it try unpairing it.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I ha e paired my S6E up with my car and it works great, however when I turn off ignition and restart the car the device says it is connected but I have to pair it up again to play music again.

Is this a normal Samsung characteristic?

My wife's iPhone connects and plays immediately.

I have this issue. Do you have a Subaru by any chance?

RiaHannam

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
To get GPS voice over speakers - I have a 2012 Honda Odyssey, it must be attached to BT AND to the mode where you are streaming music (AUX button on mine). It won't go over the speakers if you are listening to the radio or XM. The unit will just be silent in that case. If you want it to just be over the S6 speakers then you have to disconnect the BT pairing for that to happen.

I am having an issue with the display on my Odyssey. With my old phone (HTC M8) when I was streaming via BT - the information would be shown on my display in the vehicle (artist, where it's streaming from, song, etc). It worked whether I was streaming from Pandora or similar and also if it was just via my music player on the phone. Now with the S6 it just says the source is from the S6 - but no song info will come over, it's just a generic screen. I tried re-pairing the phone but that didn't help. My guess is some incompatibility with Honda and the S6. It's a bit of a bummer. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear.