How to remove the voicemail notification on the Samsung S6 Edge?

Ameer Hussain

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I have had the s6 edge for quite a while now and the voicemail notification was on there but went off. Im not sure what i did but now its back. I keep ringing it but it says wrong number or somethimg and stays there any working suggestions?

thedebonair

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to remove the voicemail notification on the samsung s6 edge?

I've had my S6 for about 10 days and my voicemail icon has been stuck on for the last few days. I tried the App Manager 'Phone' delete thing which got rid of the icon UNTIL I switched my phone off and on again, at which point it came back. I went to change the notification type in my voicemail as someone else on here suggested but I do not have the option to do this when I call voicemail. I've phoned up my network provider and they are confused too. They said try a master reset and if this doesn't work then I'll need a new phone! I'm also having problems with my passwords on apps, phone keeps telling me they are wrong when they aren't. Had Samsungs for years and never had a single problem but this phone is causing me nothing but problems :0(

webmeister

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
It's a 4-month old thread, but I thought I'd contribute in case anyone's Googling this issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 64GB which I just purchased and which had this problem....

Called my carrier, Bell Mobility in Canada, and they solved the issue by deleting/re-creating my voicemail box. They sent me a voicemail prompting me to set up my new voicemail and after I had set it up and deleted the voicemail the icon disappeared, even after a reboot.

I've had to do this with my BlackBerrys before and the carrier did the same thing to clear the notification. Not a Samsung-specific problem I would say!

thedebonair

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Going to the App Manager and clearing all 3 'Phone' entries didn't work for me. It cleared the notification initially but as soon as I switched off my phone and powered it back up the notification re-appeared. I ended up having to send the handset back for a replacement as even Samsung techs couldn't fix the problem

Jeffery Kounlavong

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I received a voicemail and now the notification is stuck on my screen. i am not able to swipe it away and when i click and hold on it i go to the app info and the options are, set priority and hide content. Both i turned off and when i pulled down the notification bar it is still there. I have read previous posts but none apply to the s6. I read that you should do a system restart, but will that delete all the things on my phone? Anyone have any suggestions or help please?

I was having the same problem as well when I just got the new galaxy note 5 from Verizon. I didn't set up my voicemail and when I did, I was having problems with it and heard visual voicemail was free then called in and got the visual voicemail setup. I noticed the icon was still there and when I pressed it went to basic voicemail with no voicemail but 6 voicemail notifications. < instead of clearing data and cache for voicemail do it to phone all 3 of them clear data and it'll disappear> :) if you do it for voicemail that fine as well, none of my contacts were deleted or anything except I don't know about voicemail I had listened to them already when I cleared the cache. Goodluck!

Jeffery Kounlavong

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Have you also tried to clear cache and data in voicemail as well as the 3 phone datas? I just read your post right after I posted up and restarted my note 5 and the voicemail notifications are gone.

andressierra

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

In most phones you can remove that notification this way. Expand the notification bar, press & hold on the voice mail one, tap on app info and clear data for the phone app. The problem is that the icon will be back next time you reboot your phone.

If that doesn't work you could try in settings - apps and look for your phone app in the "all" tab.

Clearing data from Phone App on the Application manager worked for me. Didn't lost any logs. Thanks!

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Thing is many people do not want to to be notified of a voice mail and never intend in listening to their voicemails. My message says "Please do not leave a message I will not listen to it. Text or message or email only."

Frustrating thing is you have to go through the whole checking and deleting (with the horrible and slow voice prompt) to get it off your screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sheila Dixon

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
"Hi I have the same thing on my 1 day old Galaxy S6. It sayd I have 7 voicemails. I was looking around the internet and found this for S5:

"On your Samsung Galaxy S5 open the menu and then navigate to: Settings -> Application Manager -> tab "All" . Search here in the alphabetically sorted list for "Phone". Find the entry, tap it to view further information about this SystemApp. "

I hels down each icon ( I had 3, and touched 'clear data') This worked for me."

Thanks Melissa Kierpaul .... this worked perfectly.

Djoudy Saint Paul

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
"Hi I have the same thing on my 1 day old Galaxy S6. It sayd I have 7 voicemails. I was looking around the internet and found this for S5:

"On your Samsung Galaxy S5 open the menu and then navigate to: Settings -> Application Manager -> tab "All" . Search here in the alphabetically sorted list for "Phone". Find the entry, tap it to view further information about this SystemApp. "

I hels down each icon ( I had 3, and touched 'clear data') This worked for me."

Thanks Melissa Kierpaul .... this worked perfectly.

Just go to Settings, Notification and sounds, and go down to notifications and lock screen...click that option and choose the 3rd choice to turn it off.... You're welcome!!! Note: dont go and clear any data like people.are saying...you can mess your phone up...

PBL1962

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi

I was out of my mind over this problem and read and tried as much as I could to solve it and then I had my wife call my phone and leave a message. I opened my voicemail and the message, erased it and the icon went away.

Bret Fisher

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

Thank you, Melissa! You've spared me of several weeks of useless obsessive irritation! It worked just as you described it.

Davy Boy

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
This worked for me. Changed the voice mail notification from icon to text message and it disappeared straight away...and it hasn't come back.

cv_s

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Galaxy S6. I tried just about everything suggested on here - it didn't work! I then decided to phone myself from the landline and left a message. I waited for the voicemail icon to appear, and for the missed call text message to arrive. I went to the voicemail via the icon in the top left (not via the text message) and listened to and then deleted the message I'd left myself. Hey presto! I hope it works for other people too!

zita williams

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I have exactly the same
I go into my voicemail and either delete or save..or just listen to message and the notification goes

Posted via the Android Central App

Pog1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

Hi guys I just got the s6 today and the voicemail notification was pissing me off as well. I went into settings - applications - manage applications - slide along to "all" - find the "phone" and force stop it. Worked well for me, hope this helps ☺

Worked for me. Thanks. Just changed carrier to EE. Wanting to charge 30p per minute to retrieve voicemail. I don't think so! Disabled it and got rid of the notification.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty