S Planner reminder settings gone?

AvidForm

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Nope, all I have is a green ribbon with the Add and Search buttons.. how do I take a screenshot?

I'm on Android 5.1.1

Not sure what smartphone model you have.. On the Note 5 you press POWER and HOME buttons simultaneously to capture a screen shot. Other models may use VOL DOWN and POWER button.. Google your phone model to be sure.

parthe

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey Matt,

I had exactly the same problem, turns out that my issue was that my S3 mini was using Easy Mode. This does more than just create larger icons on the home screen, it also disables chunks of the Samsung applications, including removing the "Reminder" field of the S Planner app.

You have to go in to "Settings", "My Device" then change your "Home screen mode" to "Standard mode" to get the reminder field. This is a big PITA for my wife, she needs the reminder functionality but also needs the big images so I may yet turn to Google Calendar instead, but that's my problem. Mybe this will help yours.

Matt_2662

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Hey Matt,

I had exactly the same problem, turns out that my issue was that my S3 mini was using Easy Mode. This does more than just create larger icons on the home screen, it also disables chunks of the Samsung applications, including removing the "Reminder" field of the S Planner app.

You have to go in to "Settings", "My Device" then change your "Home screen mode" to "Standard mode" to get the reminder field. This is a big PITA for my wife, she needs the reminder functionality but also needs the big images so I may yet turn to Google Calendar instead, but that's my problem. Mybe this will help yours.

Holy crap, that was it!! 1,000 points to you haha!

Thanks Samsung for the most un-obvious and arguable setting that I have yet to see on this phone. Wow...

Matt_2662

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I've been on standard mode since my last post, and I quickly started to notice how much functionality the easy mode strips out- there are many more options available in almost every app I use now (including s planner), not to mention the home screen is way more customizable.

If you want more control with your whole phone experience in general, I suggest standard mode for sure.

Just my two cents..

Matt_2662

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I just wish there was some kind of warning/FYI message when switching modes to let you know that a bunch of stuff is going to get changed, instead of just making the changes and giving the user no heads up at all... again, thanks Samsung.

kongfhac

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I was hit with that also (Can't find the Task List view in S Planner after Lollipop update), after fiddling around for a couple days, I finally found the should have been obvious solution: Go into Agenda View and choose the "Filter by" option from the menu list and choose Tasks, bamp it is there. Hope that help

innsaneink

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Hey Matt,

Thanks very much.... And thanks Matt 2662 too

innsaneink

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I've been on standard mode since my last post, and I quickly started to notice how much functionality the easy mode strips out- there are many more options available in almost every app I use now (including s planner), not to mention the home screen is way more customizable.

If you want more control with your whole phone experience in general, I suggest standard mode for sure.

Just my two cents..
lol.
I've spent the last few days setting my new phone up in Easy mode.... Reminders in my planner are crucial for this forgetful old goat
... I now get the fun of editing my home screen all over again in standard
Cheers

Glenn Dixon

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I was hit with that also (Can't find the Task List view in S Planner after Lollipop update), after fiddling around for a couple days, I finally found the should have been obvious solution: Go into Agenda View and choose the "Filter by" option from the menu list and choose Tasks, bamp it is there. Hope that help
Thanks so much for this tip. Solved my problem on my Galaxy S4 since the update to lollipop 5.0.1. Why they changed this opyion in the upgrade i don'tknow!?!

Calen Feorn

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Hey Matt,

I went into settings/easy mode and then unselected this for S Planner. Using S7.

raph89

May 20, 2016
Visit site
I have created an account, too, just to thank everyone for the solution. I noticed the reduction of options in the Planner app a while ago. I didn't realise that it was indicative of a wider problem a.k.a easy mode. Wtf, Samsung.

Anyways, thanks for the solution, guys!

roundtablequote

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Parthe:

The answer seems to be the following:

"You have to go in to "Settings", "My Device" then change your "Home screen mode" to "Standard mode" to get the reminder field. This is a big PITA for my wife, she needs the reminder functionality but also needs the big images so I may yet turn to Google Calendar instead, but that's my problem. Mybe this will help yours."

I have had mine in basic mode I guess, so I took this advice and now have an Android phone, rather than the "big letters" version.

Best,
B.E.