iMacket tempered glass

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I was hoping to see Raptor007 post his thoughts on this, cause he should have gotten his before mine arrived.

My thoughts are mixed. I mean it feels good on the phone, but the adhesive is not the best.

I installed it like the instructions said to, line it up and then place down using a finger on the center of the glass and gently press it down. I did that. I never saw the effect I would see in videos of tempered glass on a normal screen phone. the whole screen was dark the minute I layed it down. I applied pressure and then evenly applied pressure from top to bottom.

Some parts at the top and bottom appeared to stick, and the top right and bottom right seemed to want to come up just a little.

I could hold my thumb on the top right and the top would look dark, but after holding it for 2 minutes once I let go the color on the top right got lighter like once I let go, the glass came up just a little and stopped being in contact with the screen.

I tried laying the phone on a table, layed a microfiber cloth on top of the screen and placed several heavy books on it and left it that way for a couple hours.

Once I took them off, I could see the top right start to lighten up.

Using the phone, everything seemed usable and responsive except the upper right corner, I would have to apply a bit of pressure to get a response, or use my left thumb to hold the top right down then I could use normal pressure on that area.

I eventually took it off and replaced it with a film for now. Upon inspection, the top and bottom and the edge on both sides appears to be the only areas with adhesive, as they are the only sticky parts my finger encountered, I touched the center parts of the inside and felt no adhesive at all. So apparently the imacket only has adhesive just on the outer edges and not enough apparently cause some parts just did not seem to want to hold onto the screen.

I'm interested in seeing Raptor007 give his review of it to see if I just got a bum one or if he had similar results.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure the screen was completely degreased before you put the protector on? Wiping it with a microfiber cloth still leaves finger grease smeared all over it, preventing anything from sticking to it.

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
It came with a wet cleaner cloth, and dry cloth and a microfiber cloth. I used the wet one on the screen first, then used the dry one to dry it, then used the microfiber cloth last.

It's possible I missed some spots, although I thought I got every inch with the wet cloth.

I may wait till the other brand becomes available on 7-17 and see if I have better luck.