Fix for garbled voice on outgoing calls the receiving end of the call

Rat Rademacher

Dec 14, 2023
Visit site
Make sure you speak into the bottom edge or the top edge of your phone and not the front of the screen it took me a long time to figure this one out but there are actually three microphones on this phone the Motorola edge Plus 2023. If you hold the phone up to the edge the bottom or the top your voice will no longer be garbled on the other end! Trust me this works.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for that tip! I moved this from the Android 13 forum to the Motorola Edge+ forum, since that issue sounds more like it's device-specific rather than Android 13-specific.

enrique.bory

Dec 25, 2023
Visit site
Make sure you speak into the bottom edge or the top edge of your phone and not the front of the screen it took me a long time to figure this one out but there are actually three microphones on this phone the Motorola edge Plus 2023. If you hold the phone up to the edge the bottom or the top your voice will no longer be garbled on the other end! Trust me this works.
it seems unacceptable for a flagship like edge plus 2023.
Call phone has very bad quality , sometimes sound metallic , words are breaking out, and most the times voice is garbled

I sent my phone to warranty and received a like-new that have the same problem:

PaulyRat

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
I think that's correct. I did not realize there's a mike on the top. Also I think the little 1 mm cylinder created by the case around the pin hole for the mics makes the directional thing even more pronounced. And I think there's a pretty dramatic drop off as the distance from the your voice increases. Speaking directly at the mic definitely helps but that's not great design if you want to set it on the desk and type. I have tried angling it upwards by kind pf propping it at an angle on the top of the computer keyboard. It helps but it's annoying.