Samsung email app not pushing gmail

judgenot

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Before I start let me just say, please do not post anything about using the gmail app instead of the stock. I want to use the Samsung email native app and I have my reasons. Now, I have tried what seems like every way possible to get gmail working on the native app but I get emails hours late sometimes the next day. I am using the proper server setting per Google:

Incoming settings
IMAP server: imap.gmail.com
Port: 993
Security type: SSL (always)

Outgoing settings
SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465
Security type: SSL (always)

In the app I have under sync schedule "Auto(when received)" and "notify me when email arrives" checked. Has anyone had this problem? Is there a solution? The part that makes this worse is I can get it to work on non-stock apps like AquaMail using the SAME settings, but again, I want to use the native app.

Mannikon

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm also happy using the stock Samsung email app and I use it for various email accounts including one gmail account. Your settings are fine. It should work. You need to query Google.

judgenot

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok , well I guess no one has an answer on how to fix it.

Just an FYI, you cannot contact Google "support" without a 2hr or more wait. Sorry but I'll sell my phone before I ever wait that long for "tech support" that will most likely know less than me.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
You won't want to hear this but...the Samsung email app seems to be broken. A lotta people are having various problems with it. There are posts about email trouble on Samsungs everywhere.

The best fix is to try another email app. There's plenty of good ones to choose from such as My Mail, Type Mail, Maildroid, K-9, Cloud Magic or my favorite, AquaMail, just to name a few.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

judgenot

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your response. Actually I'm not thrilled with that answer but I'm glad it's an issue and not just me lol. Thanks I will look into that k-9 one, seems a lot of people like it.