Animation Drops a plenty, and touchscreen issues!

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am confused with the "buzz" words people are using here. Lag, Stutter, Jank, etc.

They seem to be all used interchangeably, but I always thought "lag" was used when an application took time to do something. For example, I hit the home button and 3 seconds later it reacts. Or touch the multitasking button and bam, nothing happens for a bit. It seems people are saying "lag" for scrolling choppiness, or animation issues.

That said, my phone has Choppiness, Animation Issues, Jank, Stutter, etc., but no lag... It opens things and does things I ask it to do just fine. But everything else is out of control.

Is this normal? The play store has the worst scrolling I've ever seen, it's better on the LG G4, Nexus 6, and the M8.

Why does no one mention this in any video review?

In addition to that, it appears it doesn't recognize all my touches. There's times this phone doesn't recognize my touches when typing. It's super annoying to try and type, "Do I really want to keep the Galaxy S6" and it comes up "Do I really wat to keep the Glaxy S6"

I did the *#2663# trick and it seemed like it worked for a bit, but no it was a placebo affect.

I'm on the S6 Edge on 5.1.1 on T-Mobile. I also tried reformatting the phone using the phone, as well as reformatting the phone using Smart Switch from Samsung.

Nothing seems to work.

Sucks so bad!

Do you guys think I can get smoother animations from the LG G4?

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Nope I have the G4, its absolutely terrible compared to the s6. Ran it for two weeks and now I'm back on my edge. Try going into storage, clearing cache and restarting the phone, that sometimes works

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Nope I have the G4, its absolutely terrible compared to the s6. Ran it for two weeks and now I'm back on my edge. Try going into storage, clearing cache and restarting the phone, that sometimes works

Posted via the Android Central App
That's what I was worried about with the G4. I played with it for like 5 minutes in the store and it seemed okay but that's hardly a reliable view.

Thanks for the input.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk