Why does the location keep turning on automatically on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge?

A

AC Question

Location keeps turning on automatically - Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Hi All,

I have owned a galaxy s6 edge for three or four months now and for the last month or so, the location setting has been turning itself on. I have noticed that this only happens when I have some form of internet connection (4g or wifi).

I checked the location services menu and it says that no apps have recently requested my location so I have no idea why this is turning on. I have also moved my location quick setting to the end of the scrollable quick settings so there is no possibility of turning it on accidently.

It's driving me nuts as I don't want it to know where I am (data protection and all that).

If I don't notice it, it also drains my battery faster so I want to identify what is causing this, if anyone else is having this issue and most importantly, how do you stop this from happening?

Android version : 5.1.1

ShepMoD

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Note-3. and like you, I don't want anyone knowing my location unless I choose that option.

I look forward to any help!

Shadowpdx

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Could be a security check - Edge has a setting called trusted location. I use it so that when I am at home, I can unlock my phone with a swipe instead of using the fingerprrint scanner or entering a pin. If I choose to re-activate the phone lock, all I have to do is swipe the lock icon and it is re-locked. In order to check if I am in the trusted location, Edge checks its current location..and displays the notification on the screen.......I personally don't find this annoying but some people do,