Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge or Samsung Galaxy S6 Active?

zabalestmsm

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I am about to buy a new mobile phone. Sold my iPhone 5 yesterday.

I had been an iPhone user for some years and naturally I must opt for iPhone 6. But that's not the case as I don't like the design and shape of iPhone 6 or IPhone 6 Plus. So that's why opting out from iPhone family.

I had been searching and reading many reviews for 1 week about good new mobile phones. Blackberry Passport had caught my attention. Also Nokia Lumia 1520. But opted out from both. As Blackberry aint reliable when it comes to battery life. I had one of the worst battery life experiences with Blackberry Z10 in the past. So cant take a risk. And Nokia Lumia 1520 is old.

Previously I didn't like Android OS but now after getting bored with iPhone shapes and designs, I am forced to join the Android family.

After thorough search, S6 Edge and S6 Active have caught my attention like no other mobile phones. S6 Edge's look is really stylish while S6 Active's battery is powerful.

So I am confused now and I hope I get good feedback to overcome my confusion and select one!

Should I buy S6 Edge or go for S6 Active?

Thanks.

thetruthkc

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hard to say, my friend has the s6 edge, but I just didn't like the feel. It was way too slippery! I love my S6Active, the battery is awesome and the protective casing is great and not too bulky. I normally put cases on my phone anyways so not having a case on the Active is nice.

You'd be missing out on a fingerprint sensor and some of the keys are real buttons (which is good and bad, I liked capacitive buttons for their ease, but I also press them on accident all the time).

One thing to know about Android (as a former iPhone owner), is that there will be a million choices of phones and a new one that seems awesome comes out every 3 months (it seems), however, with all this choice there isn't a 'silver bullet' phone that will be the best for all use cases. That said, the S6 Active has been one of my best Android phones.

Also, Samsung software on top of Android is almost a dealbreaker for me. It is limited and buggy where lag and freezing is something that happens to me quite often.

My first Android phone was the MotoX 2013. I'd suggest you take a look at the new MotoX Pure because it is probably going to be a really good all around phone that you can customize with your own tastes. Plus software on that isn't as bad as Samsung.

zabalestmsm

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Hard to say, my friend has the s6 edge, but I just didn't like the feel. It was way too slippery! I love my S6Active, the battery is awesome and the protective casing is great and not too bulky. I normally put cases on my phone anyways so not having a case on the Active is nice.

You'd be missing out on a fingerprint sensor and some of the keys are real buttons (which is good and bad, I liked capacitive buttons for their ease, but I also press them on accident all the time).

One thing to know about Android (as a former iPhone owner), is that there will be a million choices of phones and a new one that seems awesome comes out every 3 months (it seems), however, with all this choice there isn't a 'silver bullet' phone that will be the best for all use cases. That said, the S6 Active has been one of my best Android phones.

Also, Samsung software on top of Android is almost a dealbreaker for me. It is limited and buggy where lag and freezing is something that happens to me quite often.

My first Android phone was the MotoX 2013. I'd suggest you take a look at the new MotoX Pure because it is probably going to be a really good all around phone that you can customize with your own tastes. Plus software on that isn't as bad as Samsung.

Thank u so much mate for ur valuable feedback! And will definitely check MotoX Pure!