I bought a Galaxy S6 edge, I have never used android (coming from WP) i have some questions.

taymur

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
quick review, over all my experience till now is 3/5 stars. Installed all the apps i need, and got everything setup. Seriously, how do you arrange the app icons (tips needed here), everywhere i click, i see app icons. i think i should sit down and organize this mess.

Now i need to verify a couple of things:

1) Some apps (twitter, linkedin, outlook...) , do not show bubble count for unread notifications, although i see i have notificatiosn on the lockscreen, is this an issue with my phone, or are they programmed this way?

2) I sometimes get a peel remote icon on the lockscreen, and other times i don't, what is controlling this feature.

3) what is the best reddit app, something that can function like Readit on windows phone, serisouly the reddits apps are very disaponting.

thanks.

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
For point 2. Go to settings and click on applications. Look for peel remote and click disable and it will get rid of it. You cannot delete the App though as I think it's bloatware. Alternatively open up the App and go to settings and click the notifications button and sort it out that way. I've just disabled mine.

Forgot to add the App is used to control you television or sky.cable box.

Posted via the Android Central App

taraji

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I use Smart Launcher Pro. I also don't like app clutter on my screens

Posted via the Android Central App

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
If you don't want infinite clutter you need to go into the Play Store > Settings > uncheck 'Add icon to Home Screen' so that it stops adding an icon every time you install a new app.

As far as your #1, that would be the badge counter and unfortunately not all apps make use of it. You can look in the settings for each app though, some apps allow you to turn it on/off

For #2, I've never seen a Peel icon on my lock screen although I do get a notification from it sometimes. It is just an app to allow you to use your phone as a universal remote control. Follow what RN50 said for that.

Sorry, I can't help at all with reddit apps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez