Serial Number for SmartSwitch???

speedstick1

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I am trying to fix my phone through smart switch and I have no idea what the serial # is

I have tried the number you get when pressing the Home button right before going into Download Mode (This is the MEID - DEC # on the box)
Also tried all the numbers on the box (RS #, MEID - HEX, ICC ID) with no success

I checked the Samsung website cause my phone is registered and could not find any number...

I did the online chat support from Samsung , and all they told me is the MEID should be the serial number... but that is not working on Smart Switch.

I am going insane, does somebody know what to do??

Thank you !

speedstick1

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
It's a Galaxy S6. Phone is stuck with the "An error occurred while updating device software" message... I can only get to download mode.

Tried using Odin to flash a stock firmware (from sammobile) but the bar just stops moving after a little progress (Odin doesnt show pass or fail )

So I am trying to use smartswitch but it's asking me for the serial number. Tried every single one and it's not recognizing it..

Bjorn_Nordin

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Try it again with another USB port and perhaps another USB cable. I had the same problem and the solution for me was to use another computer and also switch to Odin 9.10.6.
I thought it was all over, but just hit download mode again and keep trying.
Hope it will work!

Omar Maya

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
Did you ever get it to work?
I'm having the same issue with a Note 5 from Sprint (SM-N920P).
The Smart Switch tool won't take any number.

Joshua K1

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
I have a freshly rooted Galaxy S7 and am having similar issues. I cant get mobile data once the rotted image loaded, and i cant load the stock one either.

patvarney

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
Found the info here on getting the serial number:
"To get your serial number (not your IMEI), get to the blue download/recovery screen, then hit the Home button"

ebrahim ahmed1

Feb 20, 2018
Visit site
when i get to download mode and press home button nothing happen!!!
and what do you mean by blue download screen?? it is green ? or this is something else?and if it is how to do the blue one
thnx

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo