Will GS6 support 700Mhz Band 12 Block A for T-Mobile?

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Currently only the Note 4 and Note Edge support 700Mhz Band 12 Block A for T-Mobile. I won't buy any phone that doesn't support that band since the new T-Mobile cell Towers with 700Mhz Band 12 Block A are less than 1 mile from my home now.

BuffOrange

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. The missing band was the sole reason I didn't get a 2014 flagship. I don't know why nobody can confirm; the suspense is killing me!
I know it should have it based on the Note or whatever, but so should have the Moto X & Xperia Z3c released 5 months ago.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. The missing band was the sole reason I didn't get a 2014 flagship. I don't know why nobody can confirm; the suspense is killing me!
I know it should have it based on the Note or whatever, but so should have the Moto X & Xperia Z3c released 5 months ago.

Currently the Samsung Note 4, Note Edge both support 700Mhz Band 12 block A. The Samsung Avant and Nexus 6 will have that ability this year via software update. The new Samsung GS6 has a 64-bit Exynos SoC (system on a chip) not a Quailcomm Snapdragon SoC. It isn't a slam dunk that the S6 will support for the 700Mhz Block A spectrum. The Note 4 and Note Edge both have Snapdragon 810 SoC that internal radio does support T-Mobiles new spectrum.

However the Samsung Tab S 10.5 & 8.0 tablets has a 32-bit Exynos SoC and supports 700Mhz Band 12 block A. So their is a good chance the new 64-bit Exynos SoC supports TMO's spectrum.

Last edited: