Samsung Galaxy S6 Why I would have liked a removable battery

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
On my s5, I go from low battery to full charge in 45 seconds. How long does it take the s6 to fully change?

My job doesn't always allow me to plug in at work and when I get home, if I have to go out don't have time to wait near my phone waiting for the fast charge...

Disclaimer : 45 seconds is the time it takes to power down my phone, remove the depleted battery, put it on the charger and put a fresh one in my phone, boot up

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why I would have liked a removable battery

On my s5, I go from low battery to full charge in 45 seconds. How long does it take the s6 to fully change?

My job doesn't always allow me to plug in at work and when I get home, if I have to go out don't have time to wait near my phone waiting for the fast charge...

Disclaimer : 45 seconds is the time it takes to power down my phone, remove the depleted battery, put it on the charger and put a fresh one in my phone, boot up

Invest in a Quick Charge 2.0 car charger or get a power bank if you get the S6. I have this charger for my Note 4 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TDC0WJA...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4306102 works great and juices the phone up pretty quick.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Exactly. My question is...where has the OP been the past three weeks? No offense but the "why" has been settled. The battery is not removable. The GS6 Active is the best option unless you want a different device or the GS7 next spring. The horse has been beaten to death and turned into glue which is drying up.

nivekious

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

Some of us are rightfully pissed off that the company that made a point of advertising it's removable battery last year are removing our favorite feature this year. The more complaints they see about it, the more likely they are to fix the error for next time. As for charging packs, those are way bulkier than a spare battery. Why would I want to carry one of those to make my phone 1mm thinner?

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Some of us are rightfully pissed off that the company that made a point of advertising it's removable battery last year are removing our favorite feature this year. The more complaints they see about it, the more likely they are to fix the error for next time. As for charging packs, those are way bulkier than a spare battery. Why would I want to carry one of those to make my phone 1mm thinner?

Can't really complain until you get it and are displeased with battery life. We haven't touched the phone yet. I've been carrying a spare battery since they started to sell them. I'll have to made the adjustment to life without one. I always change my phone every chance I get. It's rare that I swap batteries

nivekious

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

Can't really complain until you get it and are displeased with battery life. We haven't touched the phone yet. I've been carrying a spare battery since they started to sell them. I'll have to made the adjustment to life without one. I always change my phone every chance I get. It's rare that I swap batteries

I swap at least once daily, and twice fairly often. Can't charge at work, and my commuter train has no outlets. I can't imagine the battery life being that much better with technology two years newer than when my GS4 came out.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

they're gonna make a zillion dollars off this phone. i highly doubt they're gonna view the non removable battery as an "error" just cause a relativity small percentage of people complain. unfortunately I don't see that changing, especially with battery technology improving

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

they're gonna make a zillion dollars off this phone. i highly doubt they're gonna view the non removable battery as an "error" just cause a relativity small percentage of people complain. unfortunately I don't see that changing, especially with battery technology improving

Though we haven't a device in hand to know with certainty, it would appear that the battery optimization efforts are projected to perform as well as it's older brother even though the GS6 is powering improved hardware and functionality. If ultra power saving mode isn't sufficient, a smaller power bank is easier to use that stripping off a case and back cover, swap, replace cover and case olympics. If you just can't try the GS6, wait for the Active though you may have to sacrifice some camera specs and have a bulkier device.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

I swap at least once daily, and twice fairly often. Can't charge at work, and my commuter train has no outlets. I can't imagine the battery life being that much better with technology two years newer than when my GS4 came out.

I think in your case a power brick would be the best bet. They are making them smaller and smaller all the time. You really wouldn't have to buy a large one that would be too bulky. Maybe a 1500 or a 3200 mAH bank would hold you over till you got home. I know that Motorola makes a 1500 mAH one that goes on your key chain and there is a FOXX Mini that is the size of a lipstick tube that is 3200 mAH. You would just need to make sure you had a cord with you FOXX one. The Motorola on plugs directly in to your phone.

Power Pack Micro - Motorola

http://www.amazon.com/Foxx-Lipstick...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4306725

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

Though we haven't a device in hand to know with certainty, it would appear that the battery optimization efforts are projected to perform as well as it's older brother even though the GS6 is powering improved hardware and functionality. If ultra power saving mode isn't sufficient, a smaller power bank is easier to use that stripping off a case and back cover, swap, replace cover and case olympics. If you just can't try the GS6, wait for the Active though you may have to sacrifice some camera specs and have a bulkier device.

Or get a Note4. Getting mine tomorrow so the S6 will be bypassed by myself. I'll see what Samsung does next year with the Note5 and S7 before deciding to keep with Samsung or go with another manufacturer. Change my devices every 10 months or so. Vodafone always allow me too upgrade early.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

So you are using about three average days of power in one day right? Clearly you are at the outer fringes of the user base that Samsung has clearly not developed this phone for. Maybe a big phone like the Turbo might be a better fit?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member