Why aren't my S6 Edge S-Health Steps counting properly?

douggiovan

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
S6 Edge S-Health Steps not counting properly

Got my S6 edge last night. Set it up fully and this morning, I noticed that what I consider the most important feature, the S-Health step-counter, does not work properly. On my previous S4, it worked perfectly. I never upgraded that phone to Lollipop. This app literally is a life-saver as I have been hitting 12,000 steps a day and I've never been in better shape.

I noticed a similar problem occurring for people who updated their S5's to Lollipop. The recommended solution was to force stop the App, then uninstall the App updates, relaunch and set up again. I have done this, and the problem persists. Basically, what I've noticed is that once the screen goes dark, when I re-open the app, it simply refuses to count steps unless I pause and start the step counter. Even then, the app is unreliable, if I get up and walk around, sometimes it chooses not to count steps.

I contacted customer service, they suggested the same thing as the recommended solution to the S5 problem, but it hasn't worked. They told me to visit a Sprint store and they will figure it out, they think it could be a defective phone (I'm not surprised, I think Samsung phones are hit or miss, like a German sports car, it will either be perfect or a lemon. It's not like an Apple device which simply work like a Toyota).

Any suggestions? Anyone else have this issue?

Update: 4:30 PM - I took my phone to an authorized Sprint store. They had never seen an S6 and were incredulous that I even had it in my hands. They were of no help, tried a few things. They told me to take it to a Sprint store with repair tech capabilities, about 10 miles away, which I will try tomorrow. They agreed, my old S4 in my pocket perfectly tracks steps and the new S6 cannot. They tried it themselves with my phones in their pockets and hands, the S6 Edge no matter what will not accurately track steps (not even close - my S6 says I took 711 steps today, my S4 says 5226).

I thought I'd never say this, but if this can't be fixed, I may go iOS.

Last edited:

PearGaurd

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Is your auto-rotate working? Or your pictures inverted? Because i have the same problem with my galaxy health and i also have the auto-rotate bug. I am wondering if the two stem from a common problem with the accelerometer.