controlling music and sound from s6 lock screen

Zack Raslan

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I have a galaxy s6 stock everything and the lock screen is really bugging me. I don't like how the song you're playing shows up as a notification instead of having a full screen player widget like iPhones. Is there any way to get this show it shows full screen album artwork as well as volume controls with music apps such as the default music player or Spotify. Also on apps like mlb at bat I can't even pause the sound. It would really be helpful if I could fix this I'm even willing to switch to a different locker or launcher if necessary. Any help is appreciated thanks

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I can't help but just wanted to say that I am looking for answer as well.

My S3 could do full screen album art from the stock media player or any streaming service like Spotify or Pandora so defnitely missing that.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, My S4 did the full screen thing, but I think it changed with Lollipop
Try downloading this music player caller PowerAmp...I think it has an option for full screen player on the lockscreen

RyanG220

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
This would be sweet to have on the S6. My M8 (with lollipop) had the full screen album artwork and was much easier to navigate from the lock screen. I usually have to tap the "next" button on the S6 three of four times before it does what I want. Maybe I just don't have good aim? :confused:

jamesmartin88

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
This is really bugging me.

I had a Galaxy S4, then iPhone 5 which both supported full screen album artwork on the lock screen. It's all good downloading PowerAmp, but I use Spotify and pay for it monthly as I need it for work. And I don't want to have to buy something like PowerAmp when I already pay for Spotify. This is something that Android and Spotify need to address as what's the point of having a large screen when it appears as a small widget on the lock screen?