Anyone else having problems with the s6 unlocking in their pocket

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I came from a note 2 to the s6 and never once had a problem with the phone unlocking in my pocket but it keeps happening with my s6 and it's opening apps and texting and calling people. I don't want to have top set a lock code or anything of I don't have to. If there was a way to stop the phone from lighting up when I get a text I don't think it would unlock but I can't find an option to turn it off.

Posted via the Android Central App

barberrider1

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
same here. No trouble with my old s3. Even with the swipe to unlock method it still unlocks. And proceeds to cause all kinds of damage opening apps and it even deleted my clock/weather widget lol. Only fix I found was to change to a different unlock method. I'm using fingerprint. It's slightly annoying but it works well.

Honestly I'm surprised we haven't heard more about this issue on this forum. It's a pretty substantial problem. Either everyone is using a secure unlock method, or it's only a problem in certain phones and not in others.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Idk why samsung refuses to put an option to not have the screen come on when you get an incoming text message. That would solve the problem most of the time.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If I turn off all notifications on the lock screen then I don't know if I have any messages or any notifications of any kind unless I unlock the phone and I don't want that. All I want is to turn off the screen from waking when I get a text message and there is no option for that

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I too had a note 2 (heck of a phone) and an S5 and now the S6. I've always had a lock pattern and or fingerprint lock with all my phones so I've never had this problem with any of them. I believe the only option right now is to go the no notifications on lockscreen route. There could be another setting somewhere but I'm not finding it. You will still know you have notifications if you have led indicator turned on.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I came from a note 2 to the s6 and never once had a problem with the phone unlocking in my pocket but it keeps happening with my s6 and it's opening apps and texting and calling people. I don't want to have top set a lock code or anything of I don't have to. If there was a way to stop the phone from lighting up when I get a text I don't think it would unlock but I can't find an option to turn it off.

Is the Gesture Wake Up feature enabled? Settings/Accesibility/Dexterity & interaction

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
do you hit the button on the side and put it to sleep before you put it in your pocket.
What do you have the lock set at ?

Your pocket is a bad place to carry your phone according to Phone carriers.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
do you hit the button on the side and put it to sleep before you put it in your pocket.

so where exactly is the "suggested" place to carry your phone?

Being a guy, a lot of times all I have besides my hand is a pocket. I can't imagine they expect you to hold your phone in your hand all the time.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Yes I put it to sleep first. I have my luck set at just the normal swipe on the screen to unlock. Why is a pocket a bad place to carry a phone? Idk where else I could put it. Maybe my note 2 didn't unlock on it's own because it was bigger and didn't move around as much in my pocket as the smaller s6 does

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes I put it to sleep first. I have my luck set at just the normal swipe on the screen to unlock. Why is a pocket a bad place to carry a phone? Idk where else I could put it. Maybe my note 2 didn't unlock on it's own because it was bigger and didn't move around as much in my pocket as the smaller s6 does

I've recently had this happen and I think it's the double tap camera launch that's opening. I've pulled my phone out of my pocket a couple times and the camera was on. Even though I have fingerprint lock the camera will still open with the double click. This is probably what's happening with yours and once the camera goes off your phone is just open since you don't have a lock on it.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've recently had this happen and I think it's the double tap camera launch that's opening. I've pulled my phone out of my pocket a couple times and the camera was on. Even though I have fingerprint lock the camera will still open with the double click. This is probably what's happening with yours and once the camera goes off your phone is just open since you don't have a lock on it.

I don't think that's the case with mine. I've never had the camera open up yet. I put mine on fingerprint lock too even though I don't want to use a security lock and so far that has solved the problem. I still haven't heard why a guy shouldn't carry their phone in a pocket though and where would be a better place

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that's the case with mine. I've never had the camera open up yet. I put mine on fingerprint lock too even though I don't want to use a security lock and so far that has solved the problem. I still haven't heard why a guy shouldn't carry their phone in a pocket though and where would be a better place

Bring back the fanny pack maybe? Lol

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I keep my phone in my pocket all day and I have not had this issue at all. I do not have a password on mine but I do have a zagg shield installed. I wonder if that is the difference.