Root available for the S6 & S6 Edge including Verizon and AT&T!

anon(9403433)

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Root available for the S6 & S6 Edge including Verizon and AT&T!

Its so hard deciding whether or not to root just yet. On one hand you have access to all of your root only apps and the usual control and familiarity we all know, on the other hand losing support on updates on a brand new phone with a new version of android and having to manually update it when needed seems to balance the scale.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

If you guys don't mind ... and I hope this doesn't come off as taking this thread on a tangent, or even hijacking it ... I have a question about rooting:

Why do we not have root access to begin with? What is it that "they" are not wanting us to have access to?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

Anyone done this yet? I was sooo bummed when I found out ATT locked it down. I will be doing this once I read through the thread and see others doing it first ;). I can't wait to get a custom ROM on there that removes the airplane mode confirmation, lol.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

I am curious, after reading some more... hopefully someone here understands and can explain for us.

This root method supposedly does not "trip knox" which in turns leaves samsung pay functional. But if I were to install TWRP, that WOULD trip Knox? I do not think I care if I trip Knox. Does breaking knox break anything other than Samsung Pay and the work/personal thing?

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Sounds great, but other than having access to root, what else could I do?

I mean I have a S6 edge on Verizon, so even though my model is on the list so I can root it, I still can't put TWRP on it and use any custom rom like CM 12.1 or any rom cause of the Verizon locked bootloader.

Not unless I save up and buy a T-Mobile one off of contract and get aeither a prepaid T-mobile card or Straight talk, then I can root and use TWRP and I hope by then a version of CM 12.1 will be available to try.

I'm new at this as I have rooted and put TWRP on a old AT&T Galaxy S3 and put CM 12.1 on it, and did the same for a Galaxy Tab S 10.5 wifi and put twrp and a pacman rom on it. But as far as doing other root things, I have no idea what I can do or how to do anything other than what I have done.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site

Just hop on over to XDA and you will find out everything you need to know. It really is a big deal for VZ and ATT especially since ping pong doesn't trip the knox flag.
If you guys don't mind ... and I hope this doesn't come off as taking this thread on a tangent, or even hijacking it ... I have a question about rooting:

Why do we not have root access to begin with? What is it that "they" are not wanting us to have access to?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Google doesn't want everyone having root by default. Most users do not need this type of access to the system since it will just cause them issues if they got something malicious on their phone and they accidentally granted it root.

Now -- I agree that carriers shouldn't block you from rooting if you want since you have to seek it out and do it .. Then if you mess it up it is your fault... But having it by default for all I agree w/ Google on not doing that.

Paul Schlussel

May 29, 2015
Visit site

Because the majority could end up bricking their phones and the blowback the corps would get. besides ur avg user don't need root anyways.

Juliann826

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

I heard the new verizon update actually helps battery life quite a bit, anyone with root figure out how to get this update?

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

I heard the new verizon update actually helps battery life quite a bit, anyone with root figure out how to get this update?
I'm rooted, and I will have to flash a ROM that has the update in it. (S6 edge, Verizon.) I believe, that XDA has a ROM or two that has the update in it.

Sent from the GOLDEN EDGE of the Galaxy S6 Edge!

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

The only thing I want root for is to tether but if AT&T sends an update, my phone automatically downloads and installs it and thus defeats root. What's the point?
Last time I rooted my S4, I regretted it and could not unroot it.

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site

hello, I have a Verizon S6 and I want to get the newest update, I can't seem to get it because I don't have an active Verizon Sim I'm using T-Mobile. I'm going to take it to verizon tomorrow but if they can't do anything I would like to manually update it if possible via root. please let me know if that's even possible and how to do it. I've never rooted before but I've jail broken a lot of iPhone/iPods/iPads so it shouldn't be that hard for me to do it

Najnesoog

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site

No sure that route is really worth losing tap & pay functionality

Posted via the Android Central App

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

You don't lose tap and pay capabilities such as Android Pay or other apps out there. You will lose Samsung Pay if you trip Knox.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95