Music player help?!

Lpatg

May 14, 2015
Visit site
When I have downloaded music to my music player it sometimes buffers and doesn't play through. I can then stop it close the app and it will sometime play but other times not.... Any help would be appreciated

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I like PowerAmp. It's a one time paid app, but the first week or two is free. Long enough to test it. Lots of options.

Mike McQuaid

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
One thing I do with my music, I download it from Google Music to my PC and dump it all in a folder (this can be done with any music you have)

Then, I copy that folder to my phone via USB. This truly stores the music locally.

I did it to allow for playing of music without having to be connected to the internet (when I am at the gym I prefer to use airplane mode as to not be bothered) before copying music locally I needed to be connected to the internet (which could be causeing lag and buffering) but when it plays from the local file, no internet is needed, therefore no buffering.

Hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kyle Tate

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
That's a really great idea Mike, by connecting it via a USB not only do you get to select with a whole lot more efficiency the songs you want to on your phone but you don't have to wait for them to be transferred via WiFi or to the cloud or what have you. That's one of the reasons I never stored a whole bunch of music On my S4. I did not want to wait forever for it to be downloaded. Where do you store your music locally on your phone? Do you create a folder, call it "Music" or when you are connected via USB do you use Explorer and drop and drag your music into the DCIM folder? (I think that's what it's called)

Anyway, great tip.

Mike McQuaid

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
That's a really great idea Mike, by connecting it via a USB not only do you get to select with a whole lot more efficiency the songs you want to on your phone but you don't have to wait for them to be transferred via WiFi or to the cloud or what have you. That's one of the reasons I never stored a whole bunch of music On my S4. I did not want to wait forever for it to be downloaded. Where do you store your music locally on your phone? Do you create a folder, call it "Music" or when you are connected via USB do you use Explorer and drop and drag your music into the DCIM folder? (I think that's what it's called)

Anyway, great tip.

I created a folder called Google Music on my PC, then I just open the Samsung drive once its connected to the PC and drag the folder there. Pretty nice.

I actually store all my music on my phone like this..approx 3000 songs, never any issues at all.

Screen shot attached..

System Storage-->Google Music

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 4409.jpg
    4409.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 12