Nexus 6 or S6?

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had the Nexus 6 from release until April 1, when I bought the GS6. The S6 has a superb camera, screen and fingerprint reader? But battery life isn't that good and its a bit laggy at times.
Would It be worth it to go back to the Nexus 6 until the next Nexus phones come out later in the year? I'm always on this cycle of buying the Nexus, buying the Galaxy for camera and screen and then going back to Nexus for user experience.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I had the Nexus 6 from release until April 1, when I bought the GS6. The S6 has a superb camera, screen and fingerprint reader? But battery life isn't that good and its a bit laggy at times.
Would It be worth it to go back to the Nexus 6 until the next Nexus phones come out later in the year? I'm always on this cycle of buying the Nexus, buying the Galaxy for camera and screen and then going back to Nexus for user experience.

If you can deal with the size of the n6 and the camera then I say n6.

Posted via the Android Central App

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

That's really a question only you can answer. I haven't had such as a hint of lag, and get great battery life. Actually got 20 hours yesterday, get 15 on average. 5+sot. Fastest smoothest phone I've ever owned.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
The S6 has a superb camera, screen and fingerprint reader? But battery life isn't that good and its a bit laggy at times.

Funny...I've been thinking about the N6 lately as well for the benefit of Android M and to move on from the laggy, battery suffering S6 like you...hmmmm....

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I had an N6 about 10 days ... GREAT phone ... but way too big for my taste. Plus, I wanted the fingerprint reader, LED notification light, and the best camera on the market ...

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah just weight up all your requirements and see what comes out on top:

Nexus 6
Great battery life
Huge phone
Stock Android
front facing speaker
still kind of a unique device

Galaxy s6
Superb camera
better touchwiz
superb screen
smaller device
fingerprint scanner

Good luck in whatever device you choose, I don't think you can go wrong with any 2014 / 2015 phone these days.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Some people just change phones often.
While my daily driver is the S6, I'm lucky to also be playing with the Zenfone 2.

How are you finding the Zenfone 2 compared to the S6? I change phones on a regular basis, but the S6 is one of the phones I can see myself having for a long period of time.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I just switched to the S6 from the N6. Liked both phones. I'm just someone who changes phones a lot. The s6 seems tiny after having the Nexus, but I like the Samsung. I had the S5 previously, so it's not a huge change for me. I had no problem with the size of the Nexus. Both excellent phones.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I just switched to the S6 from the N6. Liked both phones. I'm just someone who changes phones a lot. The s6 seems tiny after having the Nexus, but I like the Samsung. I had the S5 previously, so it's not a huge change for me. I had no problem with the size of the Nexus. Both excellent phones.

couldn't agree more with you - S6 camera is much better though eh? I enjoy taking photo's with it, whereas the Nexus was hard to hold while taking quick pictures.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I don't change phones as often as some of you do, the S6 is my first flagship phone in very long time. With that said, I watch a ton of phone reviews and test out new phones all the time so I have some experience. It's really unfortunate the camera on N6 doesn't compare to S6, otherwise it really comes down to preference. If you need stock Android, and I get why, then just go with an N6. For me, to ever consider leaving my S6 is a difficult thought mainly because of the camera and screen.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't change phones as often as some of you do, the S6 is my first flagship phone in very long time. With that said, I watch a ton of phone reviews and test out new phones all the time so I have some experience. It's really unfortunate the camera on N6 doesn't compare to S6, otherwise it really comes down to preference. If you need stock Android, and I get why, then just go with an N6. For me, to ever consider leaving my S6 is a difficult thought mainly because of the camera and screen.

The camera is excellent isn't it? I get annoyed at myself if I don't take pictures when I'm out :)

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
i was looking back at photos I took with the N6 and they are pretty good but not as good as the S6.

So as I continue to debate:

S6: Camera. Fingerprint scanner
N6: More fluid OS.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It depends what is important to you. I love the camera on my S6 as well -- But I agree the battery life isn't the best. For some this is unacceptable but for me I am around chargers all day so I really do not mind.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Is the N6 able to do a '1 handed mode' like Note4 and S5?
That's what kind of concerns me with the N6. I have the Note 2, and it's quite a thumb reach for many things.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
How are you finding the Zenfone 2 compared to the S6? I change phones on a regular basis, but the S6 is one of the phones I can see myself having for a long period of time.

Sorry for the late reply.

Personally I feel that while the zf2 is not a flagship killer, I'm extremely impressed with it. It's my first midrange phone and also my first true unlocked phone and other than screen brightness and off screen buttons that don't light up, I'm happy.

It's quick and snappy. No lag at all. Has tons of features including one handed mode. Lots of customization, so it's like having Nova installed with icon packs. The camera is better then most flagships but no OIS. I'm digging the flip cover folio regardless that I've never used such a thing before. While it doesn't have wireless charging, it does have quick charging and is insanely fast to charge. The speaker is OK, maybe not as bad as some say.

I have the 64gb model that is also the first phone to have 4gb of ram. With the Intel chipset and powerVR graphics chip games play great. And the 3000mAh battery gives be battery life similar to the S6 unless I turn the brightness way up... And let's face it, 420 nits max brightness is nothing like on the S6. But for $300, why should a consumer buy a flagship if they are on a budget?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The battery definitely is no champion but it also isn't horrible. My main complain on the Zenfone 2 is the camera .. In great conditions it isn't bad but anything other than great it struggles. Other than that though the screen quality, snappy feel of it, and everything else makes me really enjoy the phone. I expect a "mid-range" phone like the ZF2 to have a weak point and for me .. it is the camera. The charging time though is nuts. I went from 2% to 100% in 40 mins the other night with the 18 W charger.

(Note: This is based off the top-end 64 GB / 4 GB RAM Model)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty