Samsung S6 Fast charging burning smell

connie795

May 18, 2016
Visit site
View attachment 226402

See picture. My Connector to my Samsung Galaxy S6 Active burned last night. Charger/Connector that came with the phone. Luckily it didn't start a house fire. Very dangerous. Called Samsung and they sent me to "the office of the President" to make it sound important and still have not received a call back from anyone. It sounds like this is a fairly common problem for them.

I tested the accelerometers and none were stuck per the previous post.

Exact same thing happened to my Galaxy s6. My cord looks the same as your picture.

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Ok ... Samsung listen .. Fix the over heat for fast charge now ...!!

People ... Turn the fast charge off for now until samsung fixes in the next firmware ..i hope ...:)

Mountain_Goat

May 25, 2016
Visit site
. I have a Samsung Tab A, and yesterday while charging unattended on the counter for less than an hour the charger port and charger cable (at the pins) MELTED! WTF!? Literally fused together! Managed to remove the charger from the port, and the port is so melted you wouldn't be able to attach a cable. I have contacted Samsung, at first they wanted me to take it to a repair center for diagnoses. I told them that that would be unacceptable, and I want to speak to the manager. I was transferred Executive customer relations. So far they are looking into it, all they asked for were pictures of the tablet, and charging cable, which I provided. I told them the only acceptable solution in my mind is that they replace the tablet & charger at no cost to me, and send it to me registered mail.
We shall see how they handle the situation.

Leomchd

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Weird what is happening here.

I do heavy usage (power gaming) while charging and have no burnings at all. Of course it does get hot, but nothing unbearable or hazardous.

Kayla russell

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Samsung S6 problem??

I use my Samsung S6 all of the time and it charges really quickly and last night it was charging and heated up alot. Ive never thought anything from it cause its always so hot. But then my phone vibrated and also made a funny noise which is hard to explain. Ive been worried since and have no clue what to do.. any suggestions??

Tran Tho

May 14, 2016
Visit site
Do you all use fast charging with your s6 still in its case? I always take it out of its case while fast charging and check battery temperature.

Hong long does it take for non fast charging?

Marinacro123

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Im new here too and I guess that's why I cant post jet.i'm from Croatia and have the same overheating problems so it's a 'all around the world' problem without solution.(but only after update when my batery drained allso)I use only fast charging without taking it out of it's case becouse it's crazy to pay something that much and then not to use it properly .so I wanna be able to enjoy all of it features but it turn's out all I have to all day is to watch will it burn or crash or whatever....while I'm still paying it of my credit card......cccc...samsung did it bad this time!

Shantelle Fuller

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
My charger gets really hot too even if it isn't on the bed or anything. It never used to happen so often and I've had my phone 1.5 years. Putting the phone on power saving mode while charging helps a bit

Marcus Gagne

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
i had that same issues 2 weeks ago but mine got so hot that when i accidently rolled on the cord when i was sleeping and burnt that back of my neck. my phone stop working after thats, all samsung is willing to do is replace it

Carol Brill

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with their samsung s6 charger over heating? I had my phone plugged in for about an hour. I wasn't using the phone while it was charging. I started to smell burnt metal, grabbed my charger and it was burning hot...as in curling iron hot! I unplugged my phone immediately and smelled the burnt metal coming from phone. My phone is working, Im just afraid to plug it back in again. I've been having issues with my fast charging turning off and on throughout the past week. I called samsung and they said they can try to figure out what the issue is, fix it, then send my phone back to me. Has anyone else had this issue?!

The only promem i had was when i laid my S6 phone on that wireless round charger thing. My phone got so hot i stopped using the round disk

Red_Riot

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
I want to make sure that everyone treats these type of issues seriously.

I just happened, by some chance to be awake at 2 AM when this happened, and somehow smelled this downstairs while our whole family slept upstairs:

Damage_1.jpg

Came downstairs and the whole first floor was cloudy with smoke, and this thing was burning through my counter top
IMEI.jpg

So for gods sake, don't charge your devices on a flammable surface, or an area where they're not able to be monitored. If I hadn't had caught this right as it went up, god knows where my family would be now.

Shelln81 x

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy tab a

My sons tablet was on charge in his bedroom. When I picked it up the charger had melted and fused inside. The back had a hole melted straight through it. The floor has burn marks on it. Thank God it was not on carpet and my son was not in the room. It doesn't bear thinking about if I hadn't have found it when I did or worse we were sleeping. I will never leave a device on charge alone again. Samsung say they want to see the tablet let's see what they have to say

Brian Duke

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with their samsung s6 charger over heating? I had my phone plugged in for about an hour. I wasn't using the phone while it was charging. I started to smell burnt metal, grabbed my charger and it was burning hot...as in curling iron hot! I unplugged my phone immediately and smelled the burnt metal coming from phone. My phone is working, Im just afraid to plug it back in again. I've been having issues with my fast charging turning off and on throughout the past week. I called samsung and they said they can try to figure out what the issue is, fix it, then send my phone back to me. Has anyone else had this issue?!

Brian Duke

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
Yes i has a similar issue while using the given fast charger on my s6 i was sleeping and when i awoke my phone was off and i didnt turn it off i figured maybe it died so i powered it on and it was at 90% however not charging. I looked at the wall and it was still plugged in so i just went about my day. Later i noticed there were burn marks on the back of my phones charge port and on the charger. It still doesnt work but with the power of wireless charging i can still use it. I dont know what caused it and plan to go to at&t soon.

gloria69

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I bought the moto droid z and it has the fast charging adapter. I was in my car and plug my phone in and 10 minutes later I started smelling burning. I pick my phone up and it was burning hot. I thought the phone was going to catch on fire. We spud d slaw suit forfauty dangerous device. Who knows what worse could have happened

sean hughes2

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
I put my s6 edge on charge after a night shift went to bed and was woken up by my smoke alarm. The charger was on fire melting it's way to my phone setting fire to my armchair if my smoke alarms weren't there I'd be dead. Contacted Samsung and they didn't care all I got was send it in for repair. The phone and charger was around 3 months old as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty