THIS IS URGENT. I have a problem with my Galaxy S6 camera. How can I fix it?

ijjyrox

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
THIS IS URGENT. I have a problem with my galaxy s6 camera.

i dont really know how to explain it but when i take a picture the top part of the picture gets stretched upwards and makes my head look distorted, my forehead looks huge and my eyebrows also get stretched.... is this normal in low light the camera has all these dots... also
i would like to know if i can get these issues if valid fixed with the warranty i received from the shop i bought it from. please reply asap. thank you.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: THIS IS URGENT. I have a problem with my galaxy s6 camera.

Welcome to the forums. If this is a new device, I would look at getting it exchanged.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Check to see if you have any effects checked, like cartoon or something like that. When I first got my s6 it had those but can't find that exact visual effect.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

ijjyrox

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site

i checked but its not in any effect like cartoon etc so is this a problem with the camera itself? i would like to know if all samsung s6 cameras are like this
if not then i cant take it for repair....

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

This is not normal, return it. The camera is broken.

Posted via the Android Central App

ijjyrox

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site

can i replace the phone with a warranty....? the warranty lasts for a year and its only been about 2 months since i bought it...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

can i replace the phone with a warranty....? the warranty lasts for a year and its only been about 2 months since i bought it...
It should be covered under warranty though they may go through some troubleshooting with you first before issuing a replacement

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

Try a factory reset first this way you do not risk getting a refurbished device with actual hardware or build quality issues. Rule out anything software first! :)

Posted via the Android Central App

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

Alot of peoples have same problem with dots (either blue or pinks dots) in pictures. Its a faulty camera and send it in to replace the camera module.

Richard Meyers

May 14, 2015
Visit site

Are you doing a selfie? When the camera is tilted upwards with a wide angle shot it can distort upper part of the image. Happens with all wide angle lenses but generally not so prevalent with a dSLR since the camera is being held closer to vertical. Hope that makes sense.