Get Mobile data and Mobil Hotspot toggle back.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to a user at xda and finally can get some of the missing toggles back. Reason for the mysterious dissapearing toggles, its a feature with Lollipop, that will remove unused toggles after 1 month inactive using and Google to blame for this crap feature.
PSA: Quick settings on Lollipop, if not used, will auto-remove themselves after a certain period of time. : Android
I tried the fix by setting date back 1-2 month and it seems doesnt work with Samsung S6 and used modified apks instead. (below)

Creds to NimeniAltu:
Mobile datanetwork toggle: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3361833&d=1434268293
Mobile hotspot toggle: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3362682&d=1434308013

All you need to do is, dl the modified apk, install it, click on Add toggle and the toggle will be readded to quick toggles. AFter that, can remove the app if wanted. User NimeniAltu have used the Multiwindow Toggle from playstore and modified it to readd the mobil data and Mobil hotspot instead for Multiwindow toggle.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad you found a solution. I'm curious, though--if the quick setting toggle that you add disappears from the quick settings automatically after one month of not being used, then can't you just manually add the toggle back?

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Unless the phone is rooted or is a Nexus device that runs pure android (by setting the date back 1 month). There are no way to manual add the toggles back.

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
seems weird to me, a too good to be true kinda deal if you ask me. I used the Data/Hotspot toggles regularly

(my house area has horrible reception and sometimes toggling data would fix my problem and hotspot at work almost everyday)

I wouldn't install any APK's about fixing this yet. if someone found a fix then Samsung should have a fix soon

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
thats pretty damn cool, something as simple as an APK, I had to go in and manually add the hotspot and network booster toggles using SQLite editor on my rooted S6

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I installed this 3 apk this morning as I was missing them already since yesterday's update, nothing to worry about people, once you turn them on, just uninstall the app if it makes you feel more comfortable.

I know that we should be aware of people with bad intentions, but by experience, this guys from XDA, MOST of them are just regular guys like you and me with pure good intentions and brilliant minds that put them to work for benefits of all of us with no profits from it.

sp2pilot

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Samsung has a fix out now, it's called "QuickPanel Restore" in the Samsung app store. I just installed it. My toggles are back!
I can't post links yet, lol. But there is an article on phone arena about it too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty