Facebook crashing...

Scoobydoc

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
My husbands phone hasn't had Facebook work on it since about tuesday. overtime he tries to get on, it starts to load then comes up Facebook has stopped working. we've uninstalled and reinstalled, reset his entire phone and still won't work. yes works perfectly fine on my note 4.

Avi Posen

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
None of the options worked for me. but I found another solution. When login to Facebook, skip the option of automatic log in. ( I think it is called one tap log in). Once skipped, everything works normal again.

Arianne_07

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Well I just installed the facebook lite instead, well it's not as good as the features in the newest version of a facebook app, but atleast i can still use facebook. without crashing. which do you prefer, a cheap facebook or no facebook at all?

go on, just try it. Facebook Lite, the logo is in reverse color, white is the backgraound and the f is color blue

dabig

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
had the same issue after updating my fb app.

here's how I solved my problem:

- uninstall facebook.

- update your phone software (setting / about / software update)

- reinstall facebook

- walla - works !

good luck.

okcrawfish

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mine did the same (galaxy s6) so I uninstalled the facebook app and the facebook messenger and now when I go to the app store to reinstall it says that facebook is not compatible with this device....sigh, how fun is this!

drPrince1822

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
easy step :
1. go to Setting
2. go to Application Manager
3. find Facebook on Downloaded Tab
4. Click CLEAR DATA
5. Close Setting
6. Open FB & enjoy it.
Thanks.

Avril Clark

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I have applied the fix but this is still happening. Only started today

Also it starred happening after an update. I have also deleted and reinstalled the app but it is still happening

Last edited by a moderator:

smudgelab

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I've been having exactly the same issue since the update this AM (UK). Cleared all data, uninstalled, reinstalled and the problem persists. To be honest, it's been a breath of fresh air spending less time on it! Unfortunately a lot of friends and family are abroad and it's the easiest / laziest way to keep in touch so could do with a fix... Sharpish ☺

mariusfilip

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
it maybe a temporary fix downloading an older version from ApkMirror and select "don't auto-update apps" in the Play Store settings :)

Vivek Chaturvedi2

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Google: Android Facebook Beta Program, sorry can't post links, stupid account rules... Once you find the page on Google groups, make sure your not joined as a beta user, if so leave the program.

Uninstall Facebook
Wait 30 mins, reinstall

Doing so should drop you from the problem build of 37.0.0.1.234 to the working build of 36.0.0.39.166

This is working!

Anupam Tiwari

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys , thus is Anupam from India . Solution :
1 . Open Facebook
2 . Open App settings (help & setting)
3 . Autoplay
4 . Set it to never autoplay video

That's it , thanks .

Posted via the Android Central App

Domestoboto92x

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I stopped using the Facebook app and started using the browser version. It's a billion times better and saves battery.

Yeah, for my mother who has an LG G Pro 2 on 5.0.1, THE BROWSER VERSION IS NOT AN OPTION AT. ALL. My mother's very pissed at me because she said the website's TOO SLOW, sharing and liking stuff is almost impossible, and uploading stuff? Not gonna happen!

I don't have a problem with those compromises but she DOESN'T, so if anyone has a better solution I BEG OF YOU TO SHARE IT. :(

Craig Mason

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
This morning i recieved an update from google play since then every time i go on facebook it either crashes back to blue screen or my homescreen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress