Why aren't I receiving Group Messages on my Galaxy S6?

A

AC Question

Group Messages for Galaxy S6

I have a Galaxy S6, a lot of my friends have IPhones... They are sending group messages with me included but I'm not receiving anything. Help!?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Group Messages for Galaxy S6

Because iphones default to using iMessage, this problem happens. If you have an ipad, or a mac that is still set to receive messages, then when your iphone buddies send a message, iMessage will deliver to those devices and not SMS. You either need to remove imessage from your other apple devices, or your buddies need to send SMS instead of imessage.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=cuVEzutGkPfKSJTtcVGVow&bvm=bv.96783405,d.aWw

Apple likes to do things differently- and of course assumes everyone uses iphones. This is an apple problem, not your problem, but thanks to the way apple does it, you get to feel the pain.

EDIT- The link above is old- apple changed how this worked so that you don't have to unregister yourself from imessage, but you DO need to make sure none of your devices are acknowledging delivery via imessage. You can google it for the current work-around, but you need your people to send SMS instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non