How can I change the screen grid size after a factory reset?

A Ron

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Help - Can't change screen grid size after factory reset

What's up everyone, this is my first time posting here -- I have come across a strange and irritating problem that I can't figure out, so I'm hoping someone here can help me.

In short, after installing the 5.1.1 update, my phone seemed to be a little laggy so I went into the recovery menu and did a factory reset. Everything works normally, except now after the reset, for some reason I can't change the screen grid size in the panel customization menu. The button that says "screen grid" is there, but it is now greyed out and I can't use it. Any ideas?

Screenshot_2015-07-31-17-01-07.jpg

Last edited:

A Ron

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Help - Can't change screen grid size after factory reset

Hmm...So I did some Googling and it seems the latest version of TouchWiz that (that comes installed on the S6) is TouchWiz Nature UX 5.0. I went to my TouchWiz info in the Applications Manager and it says it's running Version 4.0. Now I'm wondering if the problem is because I'm running and older version of TouchWiz -- if you S6/S6 edge users could check your TouchWiz info under the Applications Manager and let me know what version it's running it'd be much appreciated, then I can figure out if this "Version 4.0" is indeed an older version. If that is the case does anyone know how to reinstall/update TouchWiz, because it doesn't seem to be available as an app from any outside sources.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...So I did some Googling and it seems the latest version of TouchWiz that (that comes installed on the S6) is TouchWiz Nature UX 5.0. I went to my TouchWiz info in the Applications Manager and it says it's running Version 4.0. Now I'm wondering if the problem is because I'm running and older version of TouchWiz -- if you S6/S6 edge users could check your TouchWiz info under the Applications Manager and let me know what version it's running it'd be much appreciated, then I can figure out if this "Version 4.0" is indeed an older version. If that is the case does anyone know how to reinstall/update TouchWiz, because it doesn't seem to be available as an app from any outside sources.

Ok listen up. This is what you have to do. I've been through this....

Go into settings, activate this device, then when it loads, tap more on the top right. Tap reset cellular data. Reboot phone. It should work now.

I know what your thinking. Why reset cellular data? For some reason when you updated, it broke cellular data in some way. Touch wiz has to have a cellular connection for some functions to work properly and that grid crap is one of them.

Posted via the Android Central App

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Help - Can't change screen grid size after factory reset

What's up everyone, this is my first time posting here -- I have come across a strange and irritating problem that I can't figure out, so I'm hoping someone here can help me.

In short, after installing the 5.1.1 update, my phone seemed to be a little laggy so I went into the recovery menu and did a factory reset. Everything works normally, except now after the reset, for some reason I can't change the screen grid size in the panel customization menu. The button that says "screen grid" is there, but it is now greyed out and I can't use it. Any ideas?

View attachment 189471

Two words - Nova Prime

dreaming of electric sheep

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87