TouchWiz Main Culprit For S6 Lag

Insight RC

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I like my S6 Edge when I first purchase it with smooth and fluid interaction. The Samsung even provide theming for their TouchWiz launcher. I like the themes in their app store and had tried many difference theme for my S6. However, my phone getting seriously lags and not responsive in some occasion. The phone getting so hot and draining the battery so badly. I used very active in XDA on rooting and flashing custom rom, I had given up ever since doing all this as it require extensive time modifying and tuning the phone firmware. After exploring and web surfing for solution, here is the concluded solution but not entirely as difference user may face difference experience;
Reason S6 Lag;
1) Theming of S6 TouchWiz launcher - Please abandon TouchWiz, if you can't go without TouchWiz then "do not theme it".
2) Overheating of S6 - Some autostart Apps will overheat your phone while you're surfing or playing games. Another overheat problem is Ultra Power Saving mode. This overheating is happened when you switch the phone to normal mode.
My solution that is works;
1) As I said, abandon TouchWiz. Try to use Google Now Launcher or other compatible.
2) Installed Clean Master to help you to cool - temperature, clean - junk & cache and boost - ram & app kill to speedup your phone.
3) Optional solution is install Hibernation Manager to help you to manage the autostart apps.
4) For those using Ultra Power Saving, you have to restart your phone when switching to normal mode to avoid overheating.

Hope this will help you.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
2) Installed Clean Master
NEVER! Clean Master does exactly what Android doesn't want - it cleans RAM. With Windows, that's how it should be, but with Android, unused RAM is wasted RAM. (Read Multitasking the Android Way by one of Google's software engineers to see why.) Uninstalling Clean Master is one of the easiest ways to speed up your phone and save battery. (I've run tests on "RAM cleaning" apps - the phone got faster after I uninstalled each one.)

3) Optional solution is install Hibernation Manager to help you to manage the autostart apps.
Any startup manager. And Greenify to keep apps from being started when you don't want them running.

Insight RC

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Well it depend how your application. Clean Master does boost my phone when the memory as high as 95% which the phone started getting warm and lag. I know how android manage its ram, and I do agree that the free ram is a waste. However, when your phone start to lag while you on surfing or gaming, the clean master does it job by killing the background apps and cooling your phone.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I disagree with this entirely. I was experiencing some issues on Nova so I uninstalled it and went back to Touchwiz and now the battery life on standby time is like night and day. I have had two days of 16-18 hours off the charger with a maximum of five and a half hours on screen time. I won't be leaving Touchwiz any time soon

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I do however need to figure out how to stop autostart because I had an app show up in my battery usage as draining too much battery because of autostart so if anyone has any idea on how to fix this it would be appreciated

Insight RC

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I do however need to figure out how to stop autostart because I had an app show up in my battery usage as draining too much battery because of autostart so if anyone has any idea on how to fix this it would be appreciated

Hi, thanks for sharing.
Perhaps my solution is best suit my current phone but not yours. Good luck.

Insight RC

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site

Hi, thanks for sharing.
Perhaps my solution is best suit my current phone but not yours. Good luck.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
That hibernation manager app doesn't work at all. I woke up to find apps I had selected had been running even though I had them selected and the hibernation manager supposedly on. I guess I just have to remember to greenify apps before I go to sleep. I wish greenify was done automatically

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm experiencing lag everyday now on my s6. From the camera being slow to the keyboard freezing. Back to the iPhone in September.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I installed the Marshmallow preview on my N5, but even before this, it was flying with apps in comparison to my S6. So many app animations in 3rd party apps lagged on my S6 that my N5 has no trouble rendering.

twin100

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Go to the system settings.
Find the "Developer options" item in the list and tap it.
Find the "Window animation scale" item in the list and tap it.
Set it to "Animation scale .5x".
Now tap on "Transition animation scale".
Set it to "Animation scale .5x".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa