5.1.1 on the GS6 - is terrific!

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
He's not talking lag. He's talking about multitasking performance with 3GB of ram. Yeah, i can have 20 apps open too. But if i go to say, the 7th app the screen refreshes. Sometimes it saved where i left off but mostly it refreshes losing what was there.

This phone, whether it's Samsungs or Google's fault shouldn't do that. Especially if after only a few minutes.

Posted via the Android Central App

Oh, but I thought that behavior was standard for Android...which phones actually keep the apps active and running?

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the Verizon version and was almost ready to get rid of the phone before 5.1.1 arrived. Since the update it's like using a different phone. Lag and stuttering has been nearly eliminated and the fingerprint scanner seems much more accurate. I'm in love with this phone now, I almost dread the Marshmallow update for fear that Samsung messes everything up

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the Verizon version and was almost ready to get rid of the phone before 5.1.1 arrived. Since the update it's like using a different phone. Lag and stuttering has been nearly eliminated and the fingerprint scanner seems much more accurate. I'm in love with this phone now, I almost dread the Marshmallow update for fear that Samsung messes everything up

I think the device has been very well engineered by Samsung. I think it's the OS that fails to fully engage the device to it's potential. Operating Systems regardless of brand will always be a work in progress, making each update a crap shoot ...

eightdown

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Some one else on bell said they got it... Oops sorry

Rogers also doesn't have it. They did, but then pulled it because of bugs. Messed my S6 Edge up so much i had to get a replacement. My replacement came with 5.0.2 and no update is available.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Yet another great day of battery life on 5.1.1. Even with my battery glitch of reading 98% when taking it off the charger. Though today it read 100% so I'm starting to wonder if it's true that it fluctuates between 100-98% once it has been fully charged

Attachments

• 1442236374750.jpg
    1442236374750.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 1442236384239.jpg
    1442236384239.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 24

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Rogers also doesn't have it. They did, but then pulled it because of bugs. Messed my S6 Edge up so much i had to get a replacement. My replacement came with 5.0.2 and no update is available.

What was wrong with yours? My S6 running 5.1.1 is fine, no major problems noticed.

eightdown

May 12, 2013
Visit site
What was wrong with yours? My S6 running 5.1.1 is fine, no major problems noticed.

After I updated, I would no longer receive texts or calls while connected to WiFi. I did everything you could think of including factory resetting the phone and nothing would work. Dealt with Rogers online, on the phone and in person and nobody could fix it. Ended up swapping the device and received a new one loaded with 5.0.2 and have had zero problems with it.
Also, as I said before, the 5.1.1. update through Rogers has since been pulled so I am still on 5.0.2 but will be very hesitant when the update is made available again. Probably wait a few days to update to make sure all the bugs have been caught.

Robert Merrill

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

Haha I was about to get rid of mine too before this update. I was all ready to switch to the new Moto X with the new Moto 360, but I'll now be keeping my S6 and getting ready for the Gear S2 Classic. ;) :cool:

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
It really is a pain isn't it. That is my main complaint with Android as a whole. It is so fragmented with each manufacture doing their thing and then the carrier has to get their hands on it and by then its barely useable till you delete this or that and disable this or that.

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Geesh….I'm still using an S6 Edge version 5.0.2 LOL (Checked today - No software update - thanks AT & T!)

Lesson learned. I don't think I will ever buy an android phone under AT&T. :(
It really is a pain isn't it. That is my main complaint with Android as a whole. It is so fragmented with each manufacture doing their thing and then the carrier has to get their hands on it and by then its barely useable till you delete this or that and disable this or that.

friggenzombie

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Geesh….I'm still using an S6 Edge version 5.0.2 LOL (Checked today - No software update - thanks AT & T!)

Lesson learned. I don't think I will ever buy an android phone under AT&T. :(

Right there with you. Wishing I had bought an international version and lived with the slow data. I'm going crazy no root, locked bootloader, and not even an update

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non