How to collect emails from several accounts in one app?

Terry Ware

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I am new to my Samsung S6, and was feeling good that I was able to create a Gmail IMAP account in the "Google" app, 2 accounts in the "Personal (POP3)" app, and one account in the "Email" app. Then I discovered that only the "Email" app shows up on my desktop and I have to open 3 different apps to look for email.

Is there a way for me to "import" those other accounts into "Email" app? It looks like I might be able to start from scratch and enter all of the settings (which wasn't a short procedure), but I've read of problems encountered (e.g. disappearing emails from server, etc.) Can anyone advise me:
1. Which app will produce the most user-friendly email app?
2. How to import existing account settings (created under "Accounts" in settings)?

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Try going into your Email(Gmail) via the widget,go to >more>settings>add account.From there you just need your account name and password and they should all be in one place under your Email(Gmail) widget..HTH David

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
There are multiple ways to do this.

1. Use gmail. On a computer, go to settings-accounts and import, and set up gmail to fetch your mail from other accounts. The advantage (or disadvantage) is that everything comes in to a single, unified gmail inbox. But you can choose any of your addresses to send from and set one as default.

2. Keep your mail accounts separate, but use the gmail account on your phone to fetch the others. If you swipe right while in gmail, you will see the settings, and use that to add accounts. Once they are set up, swiping right will show you icons at the top for all of your accounts and you can rapidly switch between them.

I am not a fan of the Samsung email app. Once you are using Android, things work best with Google services and apps.

mdarch

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Au contraire, I prefer the Samsung email app - you can add all your email accounts to that. You'll find the fat there are multiple options to achieve what you want. Try the different apps and see which you prefer

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have 3 email accounts that I access all with one app. Aqua Mail is the best app I've ever used. The settings are vast. It is so customizable it's not even funny. The free version only lets you add 2 accounts I think and it has a signature but I think it's worth getting the paid version. My 2 cents.. I have 2 Gmail accounts and a yahoo. I have set up rackspace accounts with the app and it works flawlessly. Also, there is a support Forum that the developer monitors very closely. Support for the app is second to none.

Terry Ware

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who responded! I tried (or reviewed) several apps and ended up adding all other accounts under the Samsung email app. (I guess I'm a little leary of using the Gmail because of my history of trying deal with Gmail on Outlook and how the IMAP handles emails, Outlook rules, etc.)

I have one issue with all of the apps that I reviewed or tried: lack of notice of how many unread emails (or new emails that have arrived.) I have the same complaint about Text Message apps: I want to know if a new SMS has arrived. Yes, I know it shows on the notification screen when unlocking the phone, but it is easy not to read all of the notifications.

If anyone has any suggestions on apps that show "x number unread" on the email and/or text message app icon, please let me know.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
AquaMail has a small widget that can be configured to show emails several ways and for all or only select accounts. Ask if you want more details .

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001