Pin Lock changing to Swipe on its own.

SoCal76

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
This just started today. I haven't done anything different. No unknown source apps were downloaded. My pin lock screen will change on its own to the swipe to open screen. Pretty frustrating. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked if you have any Trusted Devices or Trusted Locations set up to unlock your device automatically? This would change your lockscreen temporarily as long as said devices are connected or you're at that location.

SoCal76

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I have one trusted device that I'm not connected to at the moment and am nowhere near. No trusted places. Voice and body detection are turned both turned off. I re-enable the pin lock and it works two or three times then reverts back to swipe.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What about Device Administrators? Is there anything there that might be taking over your lockscreen settings? It's usually the other way around with those (keeping lockscreens secure), but it's worth checking out.

What happens if you change your lock type? To password or pattern? Does it do the same?

SoCal76

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Device administrators are the same. But it seems like it's only the pin lock that's affected. The others seem to be stable.

nkleinsc

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my GS3 and pattern lock. It started about the same time as your issue, and persists even after a factory reset. Please post up if you figure out the solution.

SoCal76

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
So far, the only one that seems to be working is the pattern lock. Pin lock still changes to swipe after a short while and password lock switched to swipe after about a day. I still can't figure out what's happening and why it's doing that.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you're all under the same carrier, then it might be a ROM bug and this should be reported to the carrier for them to fix in the next update.

SoCal76

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for replies. I'm with Verizon, not sure about the others with this same issue. I went to Verizon support forum and came across a post about this same issue. I replied to it, so we'll see what comes of it.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Are you guys using an antivirus? I've read a couple of reports about a similar issue and the culprit was an antivirus. What is listed under device administrators?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If it's across carriers, it's a Samsung bug on the S6, but it'd be interesting to check Javier's suggestion. Might be a bug, but there might also be a specific trigger (remember TalkBack a few years ago? Any that used Accessibility options would trigger TalkBack)

mlurie

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I have encountered this problem on two different devices in the past couple of weeks, my old LG G2 running a Jellybean ROM and my brand new Nexus 6P running stock Marshmallow. Since these devices are running distinctly different versions of Android and are made by different manufacturers, I'm pretty sure it's not an Android or manufacturer bug. My best guess is that it is Webroot SecureAnywhere. It is the only app that I am running on both devices with the permission to mess with the lock screen. Is anyone else using Webroot?

tiffiniw1507

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
This just started today. I haven't done anything different. No unknown source apps were downloaded. My pin lock screen will change on its own to the swipe to open screen. Pretty frustrating. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.