Worth buying now?

Avanchent

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I am coming from an iPhone 5c and I was wondering if the Galaxy S6 is still worth buying now. I can get it for $1 on a contract, if I wait for the S7 I will be dumping over $200 into a phone, which is something I don't really want to do. The only thing that is holding me back is people having horrible battery life on the S6 and it slows down. I don't use my phone 24/7 (my 5c lasts all day with ~20% leftover) and I just want to have a phone that will be speedy and have enough battery for me over my 2 year contract.

Avanchent

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
While I do like the Note5, that is too big and I would like to stay in the 5" screen range. I'm not sure if I want another iPhone, after 2 they have gotten pretty boring.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
The S6 is great in so many ways. Best display, amazing camera with OIS stable video, super fast charging, great internal audio, nice materials and size. Not so great features include battery life, mobile reception and touchwiz software. Its pretty close to perfect but not quite there yet.

dreaming of electric sheep

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
TW on the S6 and Note 5 isn't to bad. Older TW has just been slow, laggy, and over saturated in terms of a UI.

It's still far worth it in my opinion. It's a great phone and only other phone I'd take over my S6 is a Note 5. Maybe a 6P if I ever get hands on experience with one.

Avanchent

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I see a lot of people would take the Note 5 over the Galaxy S6, Is this just because of the bigger screen or is there a more important reason?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Touch Wiz? Why? I hear lots of talk on various sites about TW being a downside. No downside to not using it. 3rd Party launchers are awesome and the selection is practically endless. TW is a non-issue on the S6 unless you like it, then fine.
Battery life depends on your own personal usage OP. 90% of the time mine lasts all day. As for lagginess or slowdowns , I don't experience those. Some people load everything under the sun and want everything cached and ready in an instant. Their definition of lag is different. Your experience will vary depending on how you use the phone. If my S6 broke today, I'd probably get another exact one because IMO there is no better android out there yet. Notes are to damn big. The 5 inch S6 is a really sweet size.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
The gs6 is a very good phone and one of the best and for $1 well it's a no Brainer personal I'd take the 250 gift card myself . I had the gs6 but later took the edge plus but I like the bigger phone my girlfriend has the gs6 in gold man she loves that phone and besides you have two weeks to take it back if you don't like it . But I think you will

Posted via the Android Central App

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I see a lot of people would take the Note 5 over the Galaxy S6, Is this just because of the bigger screen or is there a more important reason?

Bigger screen, bigger battery, spen.

As for the S6, I love it still and I've had it since launch. The recent updates have really helped out my battery situation I get through a full day no problem. Comparison to my wife's old 5S, they are on par I would imagine 5c is along the same lines but can't confirm for sure. If I had to chose all over again I'd still pick the S6 over any Android phone currently out.

Posted via the Android Central App

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for your help, I think I made my decision!

Next choice is memory. I would not advise less than 64GB unless you use the cloud a lot and don't need as much room on the phone. The standard 32GB will be challenging once you get some pictures, music, apps, etc on it. The $1 deal is almost certainly a 32GB model. I strongly advise an Otterbox Defender or equivalent case.