How do I transfer music from my internal memory to my SD card?

A

AC Question

How do I tranfer music from my internal memory to my SD card

I am brand new at this having switched from an iphone 5s to a Galaxy S5. I use iSyncr to transfer my music from my PC itunes to my Galaxy. I purchased the Galaxy in order to add more storage via an SD card but I have not figured out get the music from the internal storage to the SD card. Any ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I tranfer music from my internal memory to my SD card

The fastest way is Total Commander. In landscape mode you get 2 windows. Open one in internal storage, where your music is. Open the other in a folder on the card you want to put your music. (Making one named Music would make sense.) Drag the files from internal to card and drop them. Copy (don't move - if a move blows up, you can lose both the original and the copy, if a copy blows up, all you lose is the copy). Check all the files to make sure they copied okay (play them by taping the file). If they're all good, delete the originals in internal storage.

In the future, plug the phone into the PC, open the phone (it appears as a hard drive), open the Card folder, then drag the stuff from the pc to that folder. (Treat the phone like an external drive - you can drag files to and from it.)