What is S6 GPS Accuracy?

lukazi

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello all,

Would anyone have the information about how accurate gps is on galaxy s6 (for example plus/minus 10m)?

Also i need an app that would be able to accurately track and save history of my exact
coordinates. Would you know of a good app that would be capable of this?

Many thanks!

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
You can try Oruxmaps to record your waypoints. Direct comparison to a industrial class Magellan gps gave me difference of 2m between the two on a waypoint on a forestry firefighting airstrip. IE ideal conditions for good readings

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

Would anyone have the information about how accurate gps is on galaxy s6 (for example plus/minus 10m)?

Also i need an app that would be able to accurately track and save history of my exact
coordinates. Would you know of a good app that would be capable of this?

Many thanks!

I am in Ontario Canada, and mine is typically within 3 meters. Not too shabby

lukazi

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Bosbouer,

Thanks for the idea. I just downloaded Oruxmaps and it looks pretty cool. Is there an option here to see exact longitude and latitude details for every point that forms a part of the saved route/track?

lukazi

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
You can try Oruxmaps to record your waypoints. Direct comparison to a industrial class Magellan gps gave me difference of 2m between the two on a waypoint on a forestry firefighting airstrip. IE ideal conditions for good readings

Bosbouer,

Thanks for the idea. I just downloaded Oruxmaps and it looks pretty cool. Is there an option here to see exact longitude and latitude details for every point that forms a part of the saved route/track?

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
If you create waypoints as required, all geodata for that point is stored. Tracks off main routes can be saved similarly. Highway routes makes do with less waypoints. I do not know what you actually want to achieve. I used oruxmaps in conjuction with my note 4 to map a fire boundary for which it worked perfectly. The test mentioned in my first reply was done earlier this year. The developer of oruxmaps has an excellent pdf handbook that you can download.

lukazi

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
If you create waypoints as required, all geodata for that point is stored. Tracks off main routes can be saved similarly. Highway routes makes do with less waypoints. I do not know what you actually want to achieve. I used oruxmaps in conjuction with my note 4 to map a fire boundary for which it worked perfectly. The test mentioned in my first reply was done earlier this year. The developer of oruxmaps has an excellent pdf handbook that you can download.

Hi bosbouer,

I have downloaded the suggested app and to be honest I'm pretty impressed. It does exactly what i needed!

Would you know how i can protect waypoints from editing (i noticed waypoints within stored tracks can later on be edited)? I'm planning to use these tracks for legal purpose but i can only do that if the data is preserved in its original form and protected from editing and tempering.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry no, there I can't help you. The format is supported by ArcGIS. You should be able to save a workpeice and at least password protect it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984