Ad Blockers for Chrome Browser?

Scott111

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
According to research I've been doing Google's Chrome browser on my Galaxy 6 won't support these types of add-ons. On my PC I installed Firefox and the popular Ad-block add-on and life's been great.

Do I really have to install Firefox and a ad-blocker again on the phone ? I expected this from Microsoft but not from Google. There are android ad-blockers browsers but heck if I have to install a browser to have ad-block included I might as well install Firefox right ?

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: How come Google's Chrome browser won't support ADBlocks ?

According to research I've been doing Google's Chrome browser on my Galaxy 6 won't support these types of add-ons. On my PC I installed Firefox and the popular Ad-block add-on and life's been great.

Do I really have to install Firefox and a ad-blocker again on the phone ? I expected this from Microsoft but not from Google. There are android ad-blockers on the play-store but I don't think it's what I need.

I thing it does ...:

2016-05-01_9-33-36.jpg

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I'm pretty sure Chrome for Android does no support Ad Blockers, including third-party Ad Blocker support. You'll need to use another browser which offers compatibility, or built in solution(s).

Scott111

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Your right, I just installed Firefox with ad-block working really good so far.

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site

Your right, I just installed Firefox with ad-block working really good so far.

Ooops ... My bad ..
I just tried , didn't seem to be able to use add on .
BTW ,,,In Firefox .. is there any sign indicates that it has ad blocker add on ..?

Thanks

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Greetings,

If you want an ad blocking apk., then this is the one you want. It's free, open source, and no subscription. Works globally, and uses the local VPN on the phone. Read the whole page so you can understand how it works, but it is similar to Disconnect and Adgaurd. Also, xda developers website forums has a few threads. Here is the home page:
https://block-this.com/