Galaxy S6 Constant Freezes and Reboots. Need Help.

fritzo81

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My over 1 year old VZW Galaxy S6 has got serious issues. I think since the Marshmallow update (can't say for sure) it has been constantly freezing and rebooting itself. Sometimes once or twice a day, and sometimes several times a day. Today alone it has been very stressful for me. Due to the fact that I can't go more than 10 minutes of use without it freezing or rebooting. Which led me to seeking help on Android Central. I've tried several solutions found online: clearing the cache (in touchwiz, and during bootup), using safe mode, deleting apps, and of course several hard and soft resets. I'm tapped out. If all else fails I'm going to put in an insurance claim and get another phone. But before that, can anyone provide me with any other solutions? I would greatly appreciate it.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
My over 1 year old VZW Galaxy S6 has got serious issues. I think since the Marshmallow update (can't say for sure) it has been constantly freezing and rebooting itself. Sometimes once or twice a day, and sometimes several times a day. Today alone it has been very stressful for me. Due to the fact that I can't go more than 10 minutes of use without it freezing or rebooting. Which led me to seeking help on Android Central. I've tried several solutions found online: clearing the cache (in touchwiz, and during bootup), using safe mode, deleting apps, and of course several hard and soft resets. I'm tapped out. If all else fails I'm going to put in an insurance claim and get another phone. But before that, can anyone provide me with any other solutions? I would greatly appreciate it.

A lot of times, doing an OS update like Marshmallow can lead to these issues. You have done everything else, how about backing up and doing a Factory Reset at this point? That would be your last option before sending it off