Samsung Galaxy S6 Blinking screen Troubleshooting

Owen McArthur

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi. So I'm going to be completely honest with you, I'm an ******* to my phone. I get easily frustrated at things and have found myself giving it a solid wack on a table a couple of times. Not completely sure if that is a factor in my present issue, but I'm trying to give you all the details. So, I got my SSGS6 about 95 days ago, brand new. One day, as I'm charging my phone, I notice that the auto-lighting feature next to the brightness slider is located is off. I decide to live life on the edge and turn it on, but as soon as I do, the screen turns completely black and the top part of the screen starts blinking white (see video). I noticed that if I lock my phone with the power button, it stops almost instantly, but if I turn it "back on" it resumes the blinking. I tried restarting by holding both volume keys and the power button, but to no avail. Any ideas as to what the problem could be, if it is hardware or software, and if I will need to get the phone repaired professionally. Thanks.
Video: https://youtu.be/zWjtW26sOoY

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try forcing a shutdown first by pressing and holding Power and Vol Down (not Vol Up) for at least 10-15 seconds. If that causes the blinking light to stop, then release the buttons, wait a few seconds, then press and hold Power alone for another 10-15 seconds to see if the phone powers on again.