How to downgrade Galaxy S6 OS to Galaxy S4 OS/Make the S6 feel more like the S4?

RyuAzuku99

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
I have had my Galaxy 6 phone for a few months now and the operating system that it runs is infuriating to me. I hate how they changed the button set up on the bottom(because of that I need to have a floating bubble on my screen to access in-app options and settings) you can no longer hide applications anymore so useless ones clog up the menu and a host of other issues I dislike about the phone that I wont get into for now.

My main question is "Is there any (easy) way to downgrade my Galaxy S6 OS to Galaxy S4 OS without destroying my phone/locking it up?" or "Is there a way to make the Galaxy S6 more like the S4?"

Or if not then "Is there any way to change the button layout on the phone to switch what the bottom 3 buttons do?":(

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I see you've already responded in this thread as well, which addressed this issue in some detail: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/514346-s4-s6-miss-menu-key-4.html#post5779824

As with that other thread, it's not clear to me why you would want a dedicated Menu capacitative button, all apps these days are supposed to be coded to have onscreen menu buttons. This obviates the need for a hard Menu button. In any app, look for a 3-vertical-dot button, or a 3-horizontal-line button, and that's the Menu button.

If you want quick access to the system settings, you could create a shortcut on the homescreen, or use the settings icon in the notification panel.

To answer your main question here, no, you can't install the S4's firmware. You could try flashing the earliest possible S6 firmware using Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html. The S6 was originally released with Lollipop 5.0.2, but I'm not sure if that will solve your issues.