Problems after Nougat

Zenakku

May 7, 2017
Visit site
So a week or two ago my phone automatically installed the Nougat update and while I don't care for the UI changes, I can deal with it.

The bigger problem lies in the problems that have started occurring after the update.

The most severe of the problems is the battery life. My S6 had pretty bad battery life to begin with but I'd usually only have to charge it 1-2 times a day depending on how much I use it. After this update I've had to charge it 3-4 times a day even when using power save mode and barely using the phone at all. I've tried clearing the system cache as I do any time there's a new update and it didn't help, I've done it twice. Just today I've had to charge it 3 times and I have barely used it at all. When I go into the battery usage menu the percentages shown don't even come close to adding up to the total amount drained. Attached is a screenshot of the current battery usage screen after taking it off the charger (for the 3rd time today) about 2 hours ago, only using the phone for some light texting.

The other issue I've had lately while not as severe, is still quite annoying. It seems like the phone has been overheating much more easily and there's times where it just flat out starts lagging and freezing. A reboot will temporally help but the issue just ends up coming back. I've considered the possibility of a factory reset but I'm not sure if even that will help.

Overall I'm quite frustrated with this, is there any way to fix this? I've seen the issues are sort of common, however, any solutions other than a factory reset I've seen I've tried and nothing seems to help.

Attachments

• battery.png
    battery.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 24

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think you are at the point where a reset is all that is left. Unless the new radios are not getting as good of a signal as before. That is the only other thing I can see in the screenshot.

DrinkeeCrow

May 8, 2017
Visit site
Ya it sounds like an app that isn't optimized for 7.0. I would do a master reset and initially only reinstall the most important apps that you use. Give it a day to see if it's once of those and if it isnt reinstall only 2 or 3 apps a day to see which of the apps is causing the battery drain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress