S7 Edge Silver too shiny/reflective?

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Play with them in store... everyone has different impression. I first saw the 7edge and thought I was playing with the silver... turned out to be gold as the gold was much more muted than I expected. I was originally going Silver but the understated Gold won out.
Same here. I went to Verizon to look at the Silver, and I wound up ordering the Gold.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Sounds good. I just remember taking one shot in a Samsung store that seemed like it was silver and highly reflective. (they only had gold and black iirc).
In another shot though the gold seemed solid, looking back.

BTW: I haven't bought one yet. Any issues with screen edge typing difficulty / oversensitivity? That's been bothering me a little. :)

Here they are:

View attachment 221758

View attachment 221759

It is oversensitive, yes. I am getting used to it but still backspace entire lines of text accidentally which is a little annoying. I don't even have to touch the screen. Even hovering over it still will register a key press. Crazy!

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I got mine in silver and I am glad I did. It looks absolutely beautiful. My previous s5 was white and before that I had a black iPhone 5 so the silver is a change but a good one :)

Posted via the Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I was a little worried about the silver, but ordered it anyway and love it. The reflections haven't bothered me so far. I did put a clear TPU case on it, but the silver back still shows through. As does the front, obviously.

sudocool

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
How is the silver phone treating you after one month of use? Any problem of reflection/shine outdoors or distraction while watching videos? I am trying to decide on whether to get the black or silver one. I saw the phones in the store, really loved the silver color, but trying to get an idea from people who are already using it.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I have no issues whatsoever with my silver s7 edge. I love the color and it's not as reflective as people may think. I'm using it outside now and it's really sunny and I'm not noticing any intolerable glares so I am very happy to have gone with the silver.

Posted via the Android Central App

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Silver is very nice. I thought it would be too shiny/reflective, but its not that bad. Only problem is I have a few friends/coworkers with S7 edge and they all have silver. lol

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Silver is the new black and black was the new silver so

um yeah

I like my silver :)

edit: Silver is a very weird looking word when you stare at it enough