Any Problems with Unlocked 7 PRO on AT&T

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,
I've been gone from the forums for a while, stopped using anything unlocked after my Oneplus 6, was to much a hassle with bad cell service at home and AT&T not allowing wifi calling on a lot of unlocked phones. Last unlocked phone I had was a Pixel 2 panda.
Been using Samsung Notes since the Note 8, then 9, then 10+, now a Note 20 ultra 5G. Getting bored with Samsung and got a good deal on a Pixel 7 Pro that's due to be in at Best Buy tomorrow or Friday. I am just wondering if anyone on here is using an unlocked 7 or 7 Pro on AT&T without any issues. I already have a 5G SIM card in the Note 20, so will this be a simple insert SIM card or is there the whole manually setting up the APN network settings like years ago with unlocked phones? Any input, opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Any Problems with Unlocked 7 PRO on AT&T

I've had every unlocked Pixel so far purchased directly through Google. I use WiFi calling on at&t. Just put sim in and go. Never had any issues.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, I haven't had an unlocked phone in a while and remember having to find the correct APN and then go line by line and not screw up anything, then call AT&T and tell them what phone I'm using, then give them the IMEI.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, I haven't had an unlocked phone in a while and remember having to find the correct APN and then go line by line and not screw up anything, then call AT&T and tell them what phone I'm using, then give them the IMEI.
Yeah gone are the days of setting up the APN

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I've had every unlocked Pixel so far purchased directly through Google. I use WiFi calling on at&t. Just put sim in and go. Never had any issues.

Same here :D

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the info all. I'm still back in the old days when buying an unlocked phone had a lot of problems getting everything to work on AT&T. They always had an attitude towards unlocked phones.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site

I've not had any problems with unlocked phones. I will advise that switching from Samsung to a Pixel is different because of all the customizations Samsung allows. Let us grow on you. A Pixel just works, nothing fancy.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Same here. I've actually switched my sim card between my Note 20 Ultra and Pixel 7 Pro about once per week. Just sold my Note so back to 100% Pixel. No issues at all swapping phones back and forth on at&t.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000