Battery issue

skinnytoo2

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Ugh...I seem to have the dreaded Android System/OS battery bug. I saw exact same issue in S6. Come on Samsung, get with it man!!! A hard reset cleared it up last time. I certainly don't want to do that as I just got everything setup the way I want it.

Anyone have any ideas?uploadfromtaptalk1457206698420.jpg

DrewRasmus

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Pretty much. Doesn't even look like he's using the phone. Of course it's going to be high

Posted via the Android Central App

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Give it a few days to simmer down. I don't see anything that's horrible wrong with 34% over a span of 8 hours.

I agree...you're burning 4% per hour and it looks like you've been using your phone. Looks pretty good to me. What's your Screen On Time (SOT)?

I have noticed the Android System/OS activity slowing down at Day 5 for me as well so it may take a little bit to index/update everything until it settles in. Also, for some strange reason, I'm noticing less battery drain on LTE than on WiFi. I've seen this a number of times now which is pretty interesting.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I agree...you're burning 4% per hour and it looks like you've been using your phone. Looks pretty good to me. What's your Screen On Time (SOT)?

I have noticed the Android System/OS activity slowing down at Day 5 for me as well so it may take a little bit to index/update everything until it settles in. Also, for some strange reason, I'm noticing less battery drain on LTE than on WiFi. I've seen this a number of times now which is pretty interesting.

Since the S6 something is going on with the Wifi on the new Samsung flagships, I mean it can't be a coincidence what a lot of people including myself, have been experiencing for quite some time now, maybe is just some protocols issues, that can explains why people are having issues when using IPv6 with some routers.

As recent as last night, I went out with the family and when I left home I turned the wifi off, 3 hours later, just on LTE my battery had lost just 1%, I was shocked when I saw that because there's no way I just lose 1% on 3 hours on Wifi, and I still have great battery life with my Note 5 and I'm sure that it will be even better when I get my S6 Edge this Friday, but still a little worried about what may be wrong with the wifi on our latest phones.

Last edited:

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree, I think it will settle down after a few days, mine was 60% on day 1 and dropped each day, now about 22%. I to am using about 4% per hour, so that gets you 25 hours on a charge, which is more than enough. Also my estimated time is increasing every day. And remember it's not that it used 33% of your battery, it used 33% of the Apps use, which depending on usage could be 80% or 30% so if it were 30%, that would only be 10% of the total battery use.

I also noticed on my S6 Edge, that the total app usage never reached 100%, which of course it had too. So I wonder if part of the issue is that the battery is now showing us more info? Just wondering.

skinnytoo2

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Sorry all, my SOT at that point was 2 hours 2 mins. Here is an update (guess it's not as bad as I think, just needs some time to settle in) :

9f418dde5b1a7e711cd1cee822abecc9.jpg
204ed4f9114fe550c2965bb6f33cb925.jpg
755200b637803cacbebf09b1944f6455.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klesun