no name on back panel UK

steve_bham

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I've seen a lot of posts where the name of the phone is on the back panel I.e. Samsung galaxy s7 edge. But from EE it just has Samsung.

Anyone else like that?

Posted via the Android Central App

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
UK is normally the same with all S range Samsungs. My S5 and S6 didn't have the name but US normally would.

Posted via the Android Central App

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
That's the way it is in the UK. That's the way it should be.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Since the U.K. uses the Samsung Global model there will be no carrier, "Tramp Stamps", (branding), worldwide.

Only the carrier minority variants will have these.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Usa gets special backs for each carrier. You can change the back... But it isn't easy.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Yeah. Usa gets special backs for each carrier. You can change the back... But it isn't easy.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

U.K. carriers used to plaster their names all over the battery covers on the old Nokia smartphones and Nokia did a roaring trade in selling unbranded, replacement covers. :D

As you say dpham00, not so easy to do with a glued on, glass, back cover. That would void the warranty straight away! :(

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
U.K. carriers used to plaster their names all over the battery covers on the old Nokia smartphones and Nokia did a roaring trade in selling unbranded, replacement covers. :D

As you say dpham00, not so easy to do with a glued on, glass, back cover. That would void the warranty straight away! :(
Well you could remove the stock one, keep it, and re install it when it comes time for warranty. Assuming that you are qualified to do it, or hire a competent shop to do it, of course. As a good seal also is needed for ip68

Personally I think it is too much work over such a silly thing BUT apparently some in the forums are really bothered by it so... They have that option.