Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - The sim tray is junk

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
My sim tray is a piece of junk. Half the time the SIM card is popping out or I have an issue with the sd card. I switch sims constantly and cannot see how this thing lasts or I don't end up with a stuck sim.

Last edited by a moderator:

brava27

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Holy Sh!! - The sim tray is junk

My sim tray is a piece of junk. Half the time the SIM card is popping out or I have an issue with the sd card. I switch sims constantly and cannot see how this thing lasts or I don't end up with a stick sim.
Scotch tape and it works fine.

JohnMidnight

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

Was switching out SDCards a bunch a moment ago, I haven't broke it yet, but man my cards want to pop out the thing.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Yea.... I could see switching out often to be a problem. I don't think it was designed to be changed often.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I agree, I'm sure they didn't design it to be accessed often.. I probably won't take it out again until I get a new phone lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

Even once I had trouble keeping the sim down in the tray. If nothing else make it hard plastic.

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Mine is fine. Like others said, it probably wasn't designed to be removed all the time. The majority of people probably only
pop it out once or twice to put in a storage card.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Especially since they included the SD in the tray and changed up the marshmallow adoptable storage. I can see that being very annoying if it breaks. Super flimsy. I was shocked it wasn't metal. Is the regular s7 Sim tray metal or also crappy plastic?

Kellighan

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Especially since they included the SD in the tray and changed up the marshmallow adoptable storage. I can see that being very annoying if it breaks. Super flimsy. I was shocked it wasn't metal. Is the regular s7 Sim tray metal or also crappy plastic?

My sim tray has broken in half sim card stuck in phone when pull tray out just mem card in it leavin other half with sim card in it any sugg how to get it out so i can put new sim in it

Last edited by a moderator:

hondasr

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Lol a High End Phone that cost more than $700 and they made the sim tray of plastic.

Samsung is a joke. Love my Nexus 6p this phone is irreplaceable right now not even note 7 is best overall.

Antony Guan

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I have an issue with my tray too but not to the extent of yours, mine isn't flush with the body but nor is it sticking out, like one side is pushed more into the device so I probably got an unlucky sim tray but I just put a case over it