Jeep Cherokee Owners - Bluetooth Media Pairing?

el_guineo

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Getting my S7 Edge in a few days - does anyone know if the phone correctly pairs with Jeep Cherokee UCONNECT system, showing artist info and album art via Bluetooth?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I dont have a Jeep, but I do have a 2015 Chrysler 300c with the Uconnect 8.4N system, so it should be a similar experience. Just going to copy and paste my response from another thread:

My Bluetooth Experiences:

So I finally got the S7 Edge, and it's connected to a 2015 Chrysler with the Uconnect system and my Gear S2 Classic. I use Google Play Music for music, and it worked as expected. Shows the name of the artist, song, album, but no artwork. However I have had a Note 4, iPhone 6, Nexus 6, and V10 and none of them have showed artwork, must be a Chrysler thing. It actually works way better than the Note 4 and V10 did, on par with the Nexus 6, but with a better Bluetooth strength. Songs play and pause without error. My V10 would work, but it would constantly get messed up, or show the wrong information.

I did also try it with the Sirius XM app. Here I did see a slight bit of weirdness. At first, it played the audio through the car, but did not show "Howard Stern" on the Uconnect system, it just showed the name of my phone. I looked at my watch, and it showed Howard Stern and the artwork, but had a Play symbol like it was paused, although the audio was going. So I hit the Play button on my S2, and it turned to a pause symbol. Then I hit it again, and it played the music and corrected the information on the screen of the Uconnect system. No issues after that. Even when I turned the car off, got coffee, came back in, started it up and it went right back to playing Howard Stern and having all the expected information.

Also very impressed with Battery Life

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2012 Grand Cherokee and it pairs just fine. Shows artist, album, etc. but no artwork, but none of my phone have ever showed album artwork whether iphone or android.

keri2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
No artwork. No messaging capability (messages section) even though I had that with my iPhone. It paired as easily as any other device I've had in the past.

cub1924

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
I have a 2016 Jeep Cherokee and paired my LG phone with no problem. I just upgraded to an Samsung g7 and it paired with my jeep; however I cannot get all of my contacts in my phone to download.
Does anyone have any ideas?

MikeRhyner

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I have a 2015 Grand Cherokee with 8.4 (non-nav) and can't get my S7 to work with messaging or phone book. Works fine with phone and streaming audio. Have done repeated factory resets, occasionally it will say downloading phonebook but nothing ever appears. Used same phone on a base model 200 with the small screen and everything works fine. Sure wish Jeep would FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa