Bluetooth Device Battery Measurement

Ezekiel Barbirolli

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone: I have a Pixel 3XL with Android Version 12, and I am connecting Jaybird X2 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones. For the last several weeks, when the headphones are Active, the battery level in Settings => Connected Devices => Media Devices is always showing 100%, even after several hours of use.

For other Bluetooth devices the battery percentage is never anything other than a multiple of 10, and usually overstated i.e. higher than I know it to be.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Alternatively, are there any trustworthy apps that accurately measure Bluetooth device battery levels? (And if they were ad free, that would be great!)

Cheers. . .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230806-140341.jpg
    Screenshot_20230806-140341.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 5

Ezekiel Barbirolli

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy: Thanks for your reply to my question. I tried what you suggested - Forget device, restarted the Pixel, and then re-paired the Jaybird. It is still showing 100% battery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I'm not quite sure which system app is responsible for that -- if I knew, then you could try clearing the app cache/data of it in Settings>Apps.

Just to be sure, go to Settings>Security and see if there are any Google Play system updates available (not the monthly security patches, which your phone stopped getting a while ago).

Ezekiel Barbirolli

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Settings => Security shows Your device is up to date/Google Play system update: April 1, 2023.

Thanks for the suggestion - I might see if the Jaybird manufacturer has anything to say about it.

Cheers. . .

Reactions: B. Diddy