Samsung Stock Keyboard changed

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I was using the Samsung stock keyboard liked it and loved how the themes matched. All of a sudden and maybe a theme did it but I have this smaller keyboard with an arrow to move it to the left or right. It still matches my themes. I went under settings on my phone and my husbands his you can re-size keyboard on mine it's grayed out I don't get it. I've put back on old themes reset keyboard still the same. my keyboard size is grayed out. But If I turn on high contrast keyboard it goes big again normal but it's this yellow orange color and it won't change to match my themes. I turned the high contrast off and just started using my Swype/Dragon. But it's weird how my husbands isn't grayed out and mine is for resizing keyboard. I've reset it and rebooted. Anyway if anyone knows please let me know. I liked using the Samsung keyboard and in the beginning I had the regular full keyboard that changed with my theme. Now it's small and has this arrow and it moves to the left or right.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me today. Hard press the Symbol key & it should return to normal. You may need to swipe it, but otherwise it works.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
If I remember correctly I had to make a bit of a swipe move along with hard press. If you're still having trouble, Google it. That how I found a fix. :)

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
What did you google cause it's bugging me. I went back to using Swype/Dragon. My friend said on hers you can click change keyboard size mine is greyed out no matter what I do even if i reset keyboard settings. I googled and it took me to Samsung and had me log in with my Samsung account and someone else was having the same problem and he said oh I had it on the one handed keyboard with the arrows I clicked on High Contrast which gives you back the full keyboard but it's yellow and black it doesn't match your themes anymore. My husbands phone his size keyboard is not greyed out and his is not on high contrast and he has the regular full size that matches your themes. Mine matches my themes still but is considered one handed and i hate it. But thanks I'll see what else I can find out.

If I remember correctly I had to make a bit of a swipe move along with hard press. If you're still having trouble, Google it. That how I found a fix. :)

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
You are having problems! I just typed in something like Google keyboard smaller... I'll see if the original is still in history.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Why Glaxy S4 the thread? I found said hold down the microphone button till you see a picture of a keyboard. I don't see that I see clipboard the gear setting and emojis. Will you go under your keyboard settings and tell me if yours is on High Contrast Setting. When I turn that on like I said I have a full keyboard but it's yellow and black doesn't match my themes like it does when it turned off but when I turn it off it says something about using one handed keybaord and I get the small one with an arrow on each side. Also can you click on resize? MIne is greyed out. Anyway thanks for trying to help I'll just use dragon/swipe and be ok I am not going to reset phone over this. I just liked having the full keyboard and it match my themes like it did in the beginning. I am guessing a theme did this I don't know. How do you take themes off and put it back to Samsung like it was when you 1st got the phone do you know? Thanks!

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
OMG My problem is solved I am so happy Somehow I was on a year old S5 thread and they said when you hold down the microphone you see a keyboard to change sizes I didn't. Anyway I googled Galaxy S7 Edge keyboard got smaller with arrows and it actually took me here to a thread so I can probably delete all this if it's possible. But under settings advance somewhere is a setting and I had one handed keyboard turned on and I shut it off. Now I am good to go back with my full size keyboard. I did something the other day where I clicked my home button 3 times and told my friend it did something and my home screen popped up with an arrow than it said return to full screen. So that must of triggered it and when I have the arrow key up I can click 3 times and it did something. But anyway just turn off one handed operation under settings that is all it is and I am back to normal. And my re-size keyboard isn't grayed out anymore. Yay! I like the regular samsung keyboard and how it matched all my themes. I am happy now but Thanks for responding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87