Phones broken with a case?

Stykthyn

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I haven't purchased one yet, but this is the phone I'm really leaning towards. I'm just super paranoid I'm going to damage the device even with a case on it. Has anyone cracked the glass with a case installed? If so what case were you running?

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Short answer is no. But..when I am at the gym or working out or doing yard work, I use the Incipio DualPro. I dropped the phone in thr case once on the driveway, no damage.

I recently decided to purchase the Otterbox Commuter case for more protection. The DualPro protected my phone very well, but the Otterbox has a larger lip on the top and bottom, to help with the face plant drops.

johnny8410

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
The phone is not as fragile as it seems due to the glass. I have used both the s6 edge and s7 edge and have dropped both quite a few times with a case on and haven't damaged either yet. I used mostly slim cases from Spigen with a screen protector from Zagg. So far it has been pretty durable for me.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I shattered mine while using a Supcase Unicorn Beetle. My phone fell at the perfect angle onto a flower bed with rocks and shattered the screen right by the power button. Fortunately I had insurance but I still had to pay a $175 deductible. I think I'm going to cancel the insurance though because with that high a price plus the monthly premium I'll probably come out ahead if I just pay for a screen replacement if and when I manage to break it again.

Base_UK

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I just dropped mine on a hard tiled floor 😣

Not a scratch!!! It's in a spigen case and it's never coming out of it again!!!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
When you drop it the breakage depends on how it lands. Broke one when it fell and the screen hit something projecting before it hit the floor.

Second one I broke only broke the glass protector. It also hit something sticking out on way to floor, a wall wart in that case.

No case would have protected either one from breaking. Have had another phone drop 4 feet onto concrete floor and slide 3 feet. No scratch and not break because it landed flat.

So far no drops with S7e but don't expect it to be more break resistant.

Stykthyn

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I shattered mine while using a Supcase Unicorn Beetle. My phone fell at the perfect angle onto a flower bed with rocks and shattered the screen right by the power button. Fortunately I had insurance but I still had to pay a $175 deductible. I think I'm going to cancel the insurance though because with that high a price plus the monthly premium I'll probably come out ahead if I just pay for a screen replacement if and when I manage to break it again.
I've had the unicorn beetle on my m8. It's a stout case. Asurion wants 199 to replace a broken device. At that cost you're right. It would be cheaper to just take it in after paying the monthly premium.

s8ntshaz3

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
I've had three and now waiting on my fourth.... the first one fell on the ground and hit a rock (in a spigen tougharmor case) and shattered with a regular zagg HD screen protector. The 2nd one they sent had a factory defect in the lower 1/4 of the screen. So they replaced that one ( with a different color because they have no refurbished ones yet). Now this phone landed on a drawer handle at work. HIGHLY RECOMMEND GLASS SCREEN PROTECTOR

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
So far I haven't had the unfortunate opportunity to have that happen to any of my phones while in a case. Hope I didn't jinx myself. I've always used and liked UAG cases for my phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress